Thread: 10 Pictures of Piglets That Will Melt Your Heart

10 Pictures of Piglets That Will Melt Your Heart

get causes updates

Most piglets grow up in dark, dirty and cramped conditions on factory farms where they are slaughtered for pork at just three to six months old.
    They never get to experience the joys of piglethood, which involves play fighting, mudbathing, and snuggling up to mom, and their lives are hidden from the public, which means very few people make the connection that these intelligent, loving and incredible individuals want to live and don’t want to end up on someone’s plate.
    Everyone should have the opportunity to witness piglets living free and happy, so get ready to meet some of the cutest little piggies in the whole world:
    Image credit: Farm Sanctuary
    Just hours after being rescued from a factory farm where she was brutally abused, Julia gave birth to this beautiful bunch of piglets at Farm Sanctuary.

Born at Mino Valley Farm Sanctuary, these precious piglets love nothing more than tucking into a big feast of fresh watermelon.
    Image credit: Gaia Sanctuary
    Rescued from a severe case of animal abuse in Spain, Palma gave birth to six gorgeous babies, one of which you can see here as he trots around discovering the world on his own terms.
    Is there anything cuter than a piglet pileup? This handsome bunch from Edgar’s Mission Farm Sanctuary are dreaming about their future which is guaranteed to be filled with lots of love and cuddles.
    Image credit: Wings of Heart
    Hanging out with his friend, brave Ricky waits for news about the septic arthritis in his leg which was left untreated at the factory farm from which he was rescued.
    Image credit: Wishing Well
    After leaping from a moving truck on the way to the slaughterhouse, Yoda was taken in by Wishing Well sanctuary and now even has his very own Twitter feed!
    Image credit: Animal Place
    Born at a petting zoo, these three cuties were unexpected and subsequently unwanted. Luckily they found their way to Animal Place where they were anointed with the names Rudy, Magpie and Georgina Grace Wiggle Bottom.
    Image credit: PIGS Animal Sanctuary
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This little guy was one of many piglets that arrived in a box on the doorstep of PIGS Animal Sanctuary because they had lost their mother and their previous owner stated that they couldn’t bottle feed them all.
    Image credit: Tatiana Mendez
    Sold on the side of the road to a family that was told she was a pot bellied pig, when it became obvious she wasn’t (and that she would grow to be 800 lbs) Sophie was no longer wanted. She now lives at Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary.
    Image credit: Little Oaks Sanctuary
    Tiger and Timmy are the two piglets behind the creation of Little Oaks Sanctuary. Here they are exploring the great outdoors and basking in the warm sunshine.
    Have you ever had the pleasure of meeting any special little piggies?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What cuties! I got to pet a little pet piggy in Petsmart a few weeks ago! Happy to say I don't eat pork.
    Although I do love bacon, I seldom eat it.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla