Thread: Another new scam

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Another new scam

I've gotten this one several times recently now - it's an E-ZPass scam. It seems they say that I'm using the toll roads and haven't paid my E-ZPass invoice. Being that they are so nice, all I have to do is click on their link and it will take me to where I can pay it.

Now isn't that funny???? - I don't even have an E-ZPass, and when I utilize the toll roads I use cold, hard, cash!!!!

And tolls are going thru the roof - it now costs me $6 to go over the Bay Bridge every time I have to go to Baltimore, and up north on the DE Memorial Bridge it's now up to $5. Highway robbery!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Yes, I heard about that scam! We do have - and use - an EZ-Pass transponder, but would know better than to fall for that! Wow! Your fees make our toll road seem economical!
    I've Been Frosted

They keep talking about this on the Radio! Apparently, EZ-Pass will never ask you for money in an e-mail.

No reputable company should ask for money in an email, unless you're set up for electronic billing. If in doubt use their real address in the address bar, and report the scam. Venders want to know about this.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I've gotten a few of them and I don't even drive! After immediately deleting them I saw a piece in the newspaper about it warning people not to respond. According to the paper, EZ-Pass says they never send emails. If they need to contact you it's by regular mail only. If only these scammers would put that energy into something positive.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

As we drove through PA and then onto the NJ turnpike, we wondered...is there an economic advantage to using an E-Z Pass?

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Not really, Jo. Its just a matter of convenience with not having to have the actual money, and perhaps getting into a line with a bunch of vehicles ahead of you. And if you're traveling a good distance where you will be on toll roads and bridges, and don't know what the charge is, you don't have to go fishing around to find the right amount. E-ZPass is more designed for people that are frequent users, tho anyone can purchase one.

BTW - I saw on FB that you were in Cape May. Wish I had known - we could have tried to get together since the first attempt failed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Yeah - the only economic advantage is that you do not waste gas sitting a long time in a stop and start line - you pay the same amount either way for toll charges. We love ours, but I have always (until we moved where we know live 2 years ago,) somewhere that was defined by Exit of the Mass Pike I lived, and that has been a toll road my whole life.
    I've Been Frosted

It's better when the electronic passes can be used in multiple states. I had an EZ Pass a long time ago when I went over this one bridge on my way to work. 25 cents a trip adds up after a while.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb