Thread: Chester

Chester

It sounds as if Chester was a wonderful cat! He certainly lived a long full life in his 20 years. I'm sure you still miss him. I enjoyed reading about him (got tears at one point) and ReRun and how Chester "pretended" not to like ReRun but missed him when ReRun died. All the photos were great. Thank you for telling us about Chester. Indeed he was a special cat and should be remembered and honored as COTD!

Chester... more than "just a cat"

Those who have never shared the love of a cat just don't "get it." A former coworker was devastated by the loss of a cat who had been with her for many years. Instead of getting sympathy from others when she explained why she wasn't her usually sunny self, the response was typically, "It was just a cat. Get over it!"

I never knew Chester first-hand, but I feel his loss from this world as a result of my experience with two feline companions with whom I bonded and who I watched grow old. The passing of such beloved friends is no less painful than that of a human family member. It's always amazing to me to see how much of a vacuum is left in a household after the passing of one relatively small furry friend.

All cats are special, but it's easy to understand that Chester was "especially special". He had a *big* personality to go with his devilishly handsome looks. He knew how to give and receive love. Best of all, he was simply "Chester".

Dear Chester,

It sounds as if you were larger than life! You certainly were quite the good looking cat and I'm sure your purrsonality won everyone over. You had a very long life with people who loved you and I am so glad your human told your story.

Dearest Chester, what a handsome, sweet, beloved and loving kitty you are.. and even though you are now an Angel after a long life of 20 years, you are just as handsome and sweet and beloved! You are a fine-looking brown tabby with such soft-looking fur and such a sweet face with lovely green-brown eyes and long white whiskers. I wish I could reach all the way up to the Bridge to pet you... but I know all the Angels are petting you loads for me .

And what a wonderful long life you spent with your loving and beloved human family and your loving and beloved companion doggie ReRun! Your humans adopted you both together when you were just 8 weeks of age. You played together until it was ReRun's time to go to the Bridge, and then you were the only non-human until the hamster and then doggies Trixie and Sadie joined the family. You and they and your humans enjoyed many years together, and then it was your turn to go to the Bridge, where we know ReRun greeted you joyously. What a beautiful. touching tribute your loving and beloved Purrrson has written about you, and what a wonderful love-filled home you all shared!

Congratulations, darling Chester Loudpurr Angel, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We know your humans and the hamster and Trixie and Sadie and ReRun Angel and all the Angels are enjoying a fine day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite Angelic games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Beautiful Chester

I just wanted to let you know that your story really touched me and I appreciate you sharing it with us. I feel your pain and have known the same heartache with my Beyli, who could have been Chester's brother. I also like to think that Beyli is up there with the other members of my furry family, and my parents. Bless you and your furry babies.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0399.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	661.7 KB 
ID:	58355
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Blog Entries
    I simply would like to say thank- you for sharing your darling, priceless Chester with us today. Loads of love and kindness to you and yours. What a loving tribute, and Chester will always be the very best gift to all who loved him. p.s cried quite a bit writing this, happy and sad, God bless

Congratulations to dearest Chester on being our special Angel COTD. What a handsome and wonderful lad he was - with such an amazing purrsonality. I loved his photos. He reminded me very much of my beloved Fur Angel Copernicus. He was also a brown Tabby boy and he loved to curl up on a pile of blankets or towels in the closet just like Chester :-)

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I understand how hard it is to lose such a beloved fur baby. Our hearts never quite heal completely from that. It seems there is always a little empty, aching spot in our hearts. But remember that the love you shared with Chester keeps you connected across all time. I'm sure he was looking down from the Rainbow Bridge today with special love for you and he is so happy and proud of the tribute you gave him. I'm sure he and Rerun had a special celebration today with all the other Fur Angels.

Sending gentle hugs your way. Thank you for sharing the story and photos of dearest Chester. He was very lucky to have such a wonderful and loving family. May your memories of him bring you peace and happiness until you meet again.

P.S. - Here's a photo of Copernicus cuddled up on a pile of towels in the linen closet Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3270005.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	58356

You are quite a lucky Cat Chester to have such a long wonderful life and to have spent so many years with your Guardian who loves you so much.
    You will always be in her heart , and we know that you will visit and keep her company from time to time and let her know that you are a Cat Angel now.

You are now in your Wings of Silver and Gold , and we are all impressed.
    Our Found Cat Hotel Angels will take you to Swiss Chalet , a fine Canadian restaurant where we will have a great meal!!!

We Found Hotel Cats and Angels are sending our special MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW W To Our Newest Angel Cat Of The Day Charming Chester!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS