Thread: July 4th Plans?

July 4th Plans?

Well, Hurricane Arthur has all the city planners in a tizzy, so all the fireworks, concerts have been moved around!

The Boston Pops will hold their concert and fireworks tonight, so folks who normally watch that on TV or online should watch for that!

The city where we currently live, Waltham, has move the fireworks to Sunday, the 6th.

The city we used to live in, Newton, is where I still went for fireworks the last couple years. They have outright cancelled the usual concert and fireworks, boooooo. They will still have the daytime events, but those have been moved to Saturday.

I know much of the East Coast is going to be affected - have your plans changed at all?
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers and good wishes that you stay safe, all you East Coasters from the Outer Banks to Atlantic Canada...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Bobcat and I are driving to our cabin in the mountains. He remembers that we have some fireworks up there and he's determined to set them off. They are illegal here in Anchorage, but are allowed at the cabin.

Happy 4th everyone. Be safe.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Aww, I'd be jealous, but any fireworks I had would just get soggy tomorrow, anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

Spending the day with the furkids. Will spend a lot of time inside due to what sounds like a war zone outside all weekend.

Will be having hot dogs. My town has a firework display and we can see the higher ones from my house.
    Jake and I go out and watch a few, Layla doesn't like the noise.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Nope, still planning on replacing the subfloor and floor over the bomb shelter.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Prayers and good wishes that you stay safe, all you East Coasters from the Outer Banks to Atlantic Canada...

From me too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

No, my plans haven't changed because I really didn't have any other than be home with the pets, sit at the pond, and have a slice or two of watermelon. Hurr Arthur did not really affect us here in central NC other than we had a thunderstorm late yesterday with 1/2" rain (need more rain) and some wind but that was it--no problems here. From what I heard on tv, there wasn't a lot of damage at the coast of NC--hope that's true. It's a lovely day here and pleasant and not to be as hot as last few days... Kay in central NC

So last night Boston had its fireworks and Boston Pops concert. I watched a little of it on TV, and one of the guests groups were the Beach Boys. I didn't mind them singing "California Girls," and they did substitute Massachusetts in for California once, but what I find truly bizarre was, of all the songs they had to choose from, (and they only performed 3) was "Wouldn't It Be Nice" whose words continue "Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, and we wouldn't have to wait too long ..." and I immediately thought, If they get MUCH older, they're gonna be too weak to perform!

It was just an odd, odd choice. He's only a few years older than me, but looks like he is in his seventies!
    I've Been Frosted

I worked all day, how fun! But my co-workers are awesome, and I did go to see some fireworks afterwards :P