Thread: Happy 238th birthday, Thursday# 592!

Happy 238th birthday, Thursday# 592!

Dang,
    You don't look a day over 200 years old, US of A!

Happy Birthday - it's time for some BBQ.......

A picnic, a softball game, volleyball? Sack Races! Wheelbarrow races!

Watermelon seed spitting, swimming until your chest hurts! FIREWORKS!!!!

Done?

...and Hurricane Arthur leftovers. Pork shoulder prep delayed to Saturday, looks like.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    ...and Hurricane Arthur leftovers. Pork shoulder prep delayed to Saturday, looks like.
    BBQ ed shoulder?

That is the best!!!!

I love to smoke mine........takes a bit longer, but worth the wait!!!!

How's about a cocktail to while away the time?

DONE?

It has been a long time since I participated in a seed-spitting contest! They keep trying to make watermelons "seedless," which kinda defeats the whole purpose. And I am guessing the "Seedless" ones are a hybrid, and cannot be grown fem any seeds they do contain ...
    I've Been Frosted

Does replacing the floor, subfloor and toilet over the bomb shelter count as festivities?

(And no, I'm not kidding about the bomb shelter!)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Happy 4th everyone. And Happy Stampede to all the Calgary folk. Almost time for the parade! I've got a pitcher of lemonade to share.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Does replacing the floor, subfloor and toilet over the bomb shelter count as festivities?

(And no, I'm not kidding about the bomb shelter!)
    Did you know the bomb shelter was there when you bought the place? I don't remember seeing/hearing about it when I was out there!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Did you know the bomb shelter was there when you bought the place? I don't remember seeing/hearing about it when I was out there!
    Yep, how else would you explain a room with 1 1/2' thick concrete walls?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Yep, how else would you explain a room with 1 1/2' thick concrete walls?
    A 'time out room'?

Concrete dampens out the sound of sobbing children, nicely....

JUST KIDDING!

----------------

Pulled pork sandwiches, lemonade and some watermelon in the back yard?

Done!

Just got back from the Pocono 500. They had the Granatelli turbine car at the track as one of the historic racers doing laps before the race. It sounded just a touch out of place, whooshing by while the rest of the cars had V-8s screaming.

Just got back from the Pocono 500. They had the Granatelli turbine car at the track as one of the historic racers doing laps before the race. It sounded just a touch out of place, whooshing by while the rest of the cars had V-8s screaming.
    What year was the Granatelli car from? Any pictures?

I have a new batch of ginger peach tea if anyone wants some ... and nice ripe cherries that were on sale at the supermarket!
    I've Been Frosted

The granatelli car was from 1967, the pic I sent you is the better of the ones I took.

It ran 2 races, one the 1967 Indy 500. It lead all but the last 4 laps when it had a mechanical failure and retired. It was legislated out of existence in mid-1968, and never raced again.

Just like the noise of a prop vs a jet engine....I like the thunder of a jet engine, but a prop plane is music to my ears.