My kitty, Mac, went to The Bridge yesterday morning. He hadn't been doing well with his hyperthyroid lately, he had been to the vet and she told us to up his dosage of methimazole. Nothing seemed to help him and he just kept losing weight. Friday night he had a seizure and a stroke. I was all set to take him to the vet after work and do the kind thing. But, like so many times before, Mac rallied and was almost back to his normal self on Saturday. So, I didn't call the vet (it's next to impossible to get in with her on the weekend, anyway). Sunday was a very bad day for Mac and I was ready to cancel a morning appointment to take him to the vet on Mionday. My sweet boy saved me that terrible trip. He died sometime early Monday mornig curled up next to me on my bed. He was always such a sweet, smart, considerate cat, I do believe he wanted to go at home, next to his Meowmie. I am missing him, but am almost happy that my valiant boy is now whole and helathy again. I will miss him terribly, but it was best he left us. The quality of his life was going downhill rapidly. Kimba keeps looking for him. It's strange, I never thought they liked each other that much. Anyway, Kimba needs a playmate, he just loves to play and socialize, unlike Mac most of the time. I promised Mac years ago that when he left, I would save another kitty in his honor. Of course, I'm not ready just yet, but soon.
I miss you Micky Mac. You were the best orange cat that ever was!