Thread: Lucy

Lucy

Lucy is beautiful. Yes, black cats and dogs both are hard to place and I sure don't understand that. As you've discovered with Lucy, black cats are as loving and loyal as any other cat can be. We had 3 dogs until March when the oldest died, but one of our remaining dogs is black and she's such a dear. Congratulations and finding, rescuing and enjoying Lucy.

Congratulations to you dear Lucy on being COTD. What a beautiful girl you are

God bless your Purrson for rescuing you from the shelter. Sadly, it is true that black cats have a harder time getting adopted. I know that shelter where I volunteer also has a high percentage of black cats and while many of them are so very sweet, they get overlooked. Especially if they are on the timid side and tend to hide, they really are hard to spot. And sadly, especially in the US, there are still many people who believe in the very foolish superstition that they bring bad luck. Well, we've had two black cats in our family and they brought us much good luck and happiness. They are the most beautiful and wonderful companions.

Hope you enjoy your special day of celebration and international stardom dearest Lucy. May your day be filled with all the things you love most. Best wishes to you and your special Purrrson. May you be blessed with many happy and wonderful years together.

Dearest Lucy, what an utterly gorgeous sleek ebony lady you are! Your fur is so shiny and soft-looking, and your face is so sweet, with those lovely pale-green eyes so full of love and contentment. I wish I could reach through the screen over to New Jersey to pet you.. but since I can't, I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me . (And we are so glad he/she did not have that unreasonable prejudice against black cats. What a treasure you are for her/him, and what a fine example of the fact that black cats are as wonderful as the others.)

Not only are you stunningly beautiful in appearance, your Purrrsonality is stunningly beautiful also! You made good friends with your Purrrson right away, helping him/her to heal from grief over the death of her/his mother. You talk to her/him when you come into the room, you like to climb into her lap, and you wait by the door for her to return home from work and give you your dinner and evening brushing. You both love each other dearly, don't you! And what a wonderful love-filled home you share.

Congratulations, darling Lucy, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Concatulations on being COTD dearest Lucy. Black kitties rule. You look sweet and your fur seems very soft. I wish you lots of treats
    and scritches from your loving family.
    I am proud to be owned by my black beauty Ms.ShielaName:  Ms.Shiela 19.12.2012.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  1.35 MB

Hello Lucy, it's a pleasure to meet such a black shiny pretty girl as you! I bet you were so relieved and grateful when you were adopted. It sure sounds as if you are loved and treasured by your human. I hope you all have many more years together. Congrats on being COTD!

I love black cats!! Lucy has such a shiny coat and her eyes are fantastic!!

Oh, lovely ebony kitty Lucy! What a beautiful girl you are! Your green eyes looking out at the world, your shiny sleek black coat that looks sooooo wonderful to pet! You are gorgeous!

I smiled when I read about how you greet your person, and how you have an evening routine of dinner and a gentle brushing - keeping your coat in top shape! Purr-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to you, gorgeous Lucy! You are a very special kitty girl!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Black cats

Sooo happy Lucy found such a good home. As a volunteer with cat rescues for 15 years it is true that there are more black cats at shelters and rescues than any other color. People are (believe it or not) still superstitious. Weird thing is one of the reasons cats are abandoned is that they shed (a simple brushing would help but people are "too busy"...). You would think that considering so many people often wear black, a black cat would even be practical huh. But no. I had a beautiful black kitty named Shadow when I was a little girl and one day I will have another. I have two orange kitties now and have had a brown tabby also. Color is not really a consideration when I choose but I must admit that when I lose a kitty to Rainbow Bridge I am less inclined to adopt one who resembles that kitty, at least not for awhile. Too sad. So bless you for adopting a black cat and hopefully one day this will not be an issue.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

You're a beauty Lucy!!! Congrats on being COTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Next to Orange Cats we love the Black Cats best.
    You are quite a charmer Lucy , and we bet that Ms Ball is pleased to have such a wonderful Cat as her namesake.
    You are quite beautiful Lucy.

I know that My Tubster Panther, Ebony Beau Tubster Angel, Ebony Beau Tubster Two , Ebony Angel and Ebony Tubbette Angel all love you , my little Black Cat Army.
    We are all pleased to make your our Friend Lucy , you are so sweet.

We are all sending Our Black Cat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW To Our Newest Charmer Cat of the Day Lovely Lucy!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Congrats on being COTD Beautiful Lucy!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana