Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How HOT is it where you are?

Hot and muggy today, but I apparently have to wait until tomorrow for a thunderstorm, and even then might not get it!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    90* F here right now.
    Yesterday. Now at this time today. 65* Wow!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hot, mucky, and I got a sunburn on my arm as I was waiting for the police officer to finish writing stuff up this morning - I was dropping Paul off in Boston, and a woman realized she had passed the entrance to the parking garage, and just put it in reverse and back a car length and a half right into me. I was not moving, as I had stopped to let Paul out, and a police officer was standing maybe 15 feet away. Minor damage to Turtle (my car), and apparently the other lady cracked her bumper, but now I have a sunburned arm, and it itchessssss! Sigh.

90+ degrees and humid all day, but I am hoping for thunderstorms to cool things off!
    I've Been Frosted

Just after 1 AM. 76F (24C) but the humidity is high -- 88 percent. There's a bit of wind, but not enough to keep windows open and still be cool. I'll run the a/c for a couple of hours.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    It's been quite hot the last few days, and continuing.

Around 10 this morning... and the second one is just after 5 PM

Attachment 58408 Attachment 58409

It's now after 9PM...
    Attachment 58411

In my bedroom it's 27,3C. My blinds have been shut all day, it doesn't seem to help. I want to go and sleep in the yard! Who can sleep in a bedroom that is over 81F?
    I can!! I volunteer as tribute!! GIMME THAT WEATHER!!! We have over 110F here!! Well, now, thank God, the weather's getting better! The monsoon season's coming so when it's a bit windy, the rain cools the temperature a lot (otherwise it's just humid and sticky... ) 81F is actually awesome weather for us! We're all very happy when the temp.'s in 20's(C)!! And it's 87F right now. Not bad weather! It's really humid but I don't really feel it, since I'm sitting under a fan.. but, normally a fan isn't enough these days...meaning the weather's nice!

Oh and according to Yahoo! Weather, it feels like 104F...I'm guessing the 81% humidity has something to do with it... :P

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    I can!! I volunteer as tribute!! GIMME THAT WEATHER!!! We have over 110F here!! Well, now, thank God, the weather's getting better! The monsoon season's coming so when it's a bit windy, the rain cools the temperature a lot (otherwise it's just humid and sticky... ) 81F is actually awesome weather for us! We're all very happy when the temp.'s in 20's(C)!! And it's 87F right now. Not bad weather! It's really humid but I don't really feel it, since I'm sitting under a fan.. but, normally a fan isn't enough these days...meaning the weather's nice!

Oh and according to Yahoo! Weather, it feels like 104F...I'm guessing the 81% humidity has something to do with it... :P
    OOh, Sana - you would freeze here! Paul looked at me this afternoon (it was about 74°F) and said, "I thought this was supposed to be summer!" I like this weather fine, but he'd rather have your weather!
    I've Been Frosted

89.6 F here today - 32C.

AND rather humid.

High of 27 for tomorrow and cooler by the weekend.

We got a thunderboomer tonight and some actual RAIN! What a relief!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It is a lovely 1.3c / 34f here at the moment, possible snow over night and in the morning and only a top of 6c today .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

It's a beautiful and comfortable 77 degrees here and sunny. I'm hoping this great weather will last at least through tomorrow. Our church is hosting a "Family Block Party" and the entire neighborhood is invited. We're going to have a 17' waterslide, outdoor movie (Frozen), and a barbeque. There will be music, dancing, and our seminary intern will be dressed as the princess in the movie. A dry and temperature comfortable day will make this event a great night out for those who come to join in the fun.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

So it's a little after 1 AM in Chicago. I have the window open but it feels stuffy in here. Can't sleep. It's 68F (20 degrees Celsius), but the humidity is 85% according to the NOAA Web site. There is a bit of a breeze, but my windows face south so I don't feel it moving through the open window. Guess I will run the air conditioner for awhile to try and dehumidify a bit. I'd prefer to have the window open, though.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

10:45 PM. 75F (24C) but 75% humidity. Muggy tonight. Wind is from the south but it's not helping much. Guess I'll close the window and turn on the A/C for awhile.

At 11.00 at night it's 66 degrees here in Trenton with a nice breeze coming through. They're talking about rain during the week with an increase in humidity. Is it really half past August? Sure doesn't feel like it. Apparently summer decided not to show up this year - no heat waves or 100+ degree days with stifling humidity. That's okay, I'll take this gladly.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

It's going to be in the low 80's this week. Luckliy, I have no really hot temperatures to add to this thread. I don't like really hot weather!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

14. Its only 65°F but its muggy an making it seem way hotter than it is

Lovely 75°F today, and supposed to be around that all week - no complaining from me, but many people think that's too cold for August!
    I've Been Frosted