Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How HOT is it where you are?

Right now it is 93 (was 90 two hrs ago) (central NC) and to be in 90's rest of week. We had a week of 90+'s not long ago then a bit of a cool down (86). Yes, we also might have thunderstorms toward night. Actually I hope we have a "normal" storm because we need RAIN. Thank Goodness for a/c!!
    Last edited by kaycountrygal; 07-01-2014 at 03:04 PM.

It was muggy and yucky hot today - it was up to 89F with high humidity, and it is starting to cool off a tad, just "feels like" 91F.

How do you respond to extreme heat? I find I drink - a LOT - iced tea, iced coffee - any cold and wet - nearly constantly! If you shook me by the shoulders now I would probably slosh!
    I've Been Frosted

7/7/14 at 7:55 PM CDT- 86 F with 45% humidity - but I just saw a tweet from Ginger Zee (ABC News) announcing a tornado warning in Massachusetts!? Karen and Paul, moosmom, Freedom, everyone else who lives in that part of the country -- please please be safe!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

7/15/14 at 2:35 PM CDT ... 64F (18C) with 63% humidity. It was overcast earlier, but it's sunny out now. Unusually cool for July in Chicago, perfect day to eat lunch outside.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

It is a dark and stormy night here in Trenton. We've already had 2 heatwaves and almost non stop rain complete with thunder and lightning. The rain gets so heavy that visibility is near zero, it's like the Maid of the Mist boat ride at Niagra Falls. There have also been tornados in the area but aside from power outages and downed trees no major damage or injuries. Storm updates are constantly running across the bottom of the tv screen. Reports are saying that when the storms move out we can expect a "polar vortex" (meteorologist's words) with a significant drop in temperatures. I am not a summer person, oh to go back to January and February with the snow and the cold. Winter can't get here soon enough.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

It is hot and muggy here, and has been for a couple days. We have had tornado and thunderstorm warnings and watches, but no rain yet this afternoon or evening. It is so muggy my arms stick to my glass desktop when I set them down!
    I've Been Frosted

We've had a long heatwave; hopefully we'll have some showery relief Thursday and Friday. It'll be 84 F tomorrow and 82 F on Thursday!

I just rechecked the forecast. Chance of showers tomorrow afternoon now, with chance of a thunderstorm. The days after that? From Friday on, 71 to 75 F. That's better!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh yeah - hot, humid, and rain!!!!

I had to go to Baltimore yesterday for another appointment with my spine surgeon. The forecast was for "pop-up" thunder storms again - just like we've been having quite frequently lately. When I left doc's office to drive home (he's just north of Baltimore), the sun was out and it was steam bath like conditions - difficult to even breathe. I was on the interstate about mid way between Baltimore and Annapolis, and I noticed the sky was very dark ahead, and I was driving right into it. Within about 5 minutes, all hell broke loose, and it stormed worse than I've seen it in a long time. Lightening coming from every direction, and rain so heavy, I could barely see the hood of my car. From going 65+ mph on the interstate, to about 30 mph tops, for 15 or 20 minutes straight - I can only compare it to trying to drive thru the heavy, pounding rain, and feeling like I was in a carwash. The wipers even on high, were practically useless. People were pulling off the road because it was almost impossible to see, but I happened to be in a center lane and couldn't (safely) change lanes. The only way I could tell that I was staying in my lane, is that I followed the tail lights of the truck in front of me. When the sky finally started to brighten a little, then it was all over with and the sun was out again in just a couple of minutes, I practically had to peel my fingers loose from the vice like grip I had on the steering wheel. That whole scary episode - even tho only about 15 minutes or so - is more than I like to be part of. I HATE storms like that - especially if I have to be right in the middle of it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Ellie, I've been in snow like that while driving, and it is terrifying! The worst time I had was taking a mountain route years ago...and there was a semi in front of me, thank God!

It's 87.8 F here right now - that's +31 Celsius!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yes Candace - I've had the blinding snow too. One time a blizzard set in while I was at work, and it had been snowing for several hours before they closed the place down. I only worked about 5 miles from the house, and it was just a 2 lane country road to get there and less than a 10 minute drive. Driving home was brutal - it took almost an hour - and the only way I could tell if I was actually on the road and not headed for the shoulder and some farmer's field - was to try to see the utility poles and follow them. Mother Nature can certainly play tricks on us, and probably sits back and laughs at us crazy people and how we cope with these tricks.

She redeemed herself today tho - it's one of those rare, beautiful summer days - and I won't be seeing any of her nastiness that I had to deal with a couple of days ago. Forecast is for temps in the low 80's, low humidity, and right now there is a beautiful clear blue sky with not a cloud in sight. It won't last tho,, but I'm not even going to check the extended forecast and let that ruin today for me.

I think Wolfy and I are going to head out to the beach a little later. I've been wondering how he'll like it, and today would be the perfect day to find out. Hope everyone out there is getting a break from the heat for at least one day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Not hot here at all. It's unusal but I guess we are experiencing the POLAR VORTEX here in the midwest. It was 69 degrees yesterday. Today will be 73 degrees but very seasonable, fall like-weather!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

It's been quite hot the last few days, and continuing.

Around 10 this morning... and the second one is just after 5 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	58408 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	446.2 KB 
ID:	58409

It's now after 9PM...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	326.6 KB 
ID:	58411

In my bedroom it's 27,3C. My blinds have been shut all day, it doesn't seem to help. I want to go and sleep in the yard! Who can sleep in a bedroom that is over 81F?
    Last edited by Randi; 07-19-2014 at 02:14 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

No heat to speak of in SE Michigan so far this summer. I even wore socks to bed a couple of nights ago - it was that or get the flannel sheets back on the bed

Right now it's 89F (32C) with 61% humidity. It's hot out today! We're supposed to get thunderstorms after midnight, though and the forecast for tomorrow is low 80s.

90* F here right now.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla