Thread: Woman Rescues Puppy Thrown from Car Then Tracks Down Abuser

Woman Rescues Puppy Thrown from Car Then Tracks Down Abuser

B.A.R.C. via Facebook By Deidre Grieves | Pet360.com
    Brittany Gartin was driving in West Virginia, just minding her own business, when she witnessed a brazen attack of animal cruelty. She saw someone throw a small puppy out the passenger side window of a Jeep, and immediately rushed into action.
    Gartin quickly picked up the puppy, secured him in a box in her car, and followed after the Jeep. She tracked the abuser down, snapped a photo of the car's license plate number, and posted the photo on Facebook.
    Then, according to WOWK 13 News, Gartin drove the dog to a Madison Animal Hospital for observation. Amazingly, the puppy was uninjured and the Boone Animal Rescue Coalition (B.A.R.C.) has stepped in to foster the adorable pooch, who they named Roady.
    Gartin did report the incident to police, and troopers tracked down the license plate information to a rented vehicle. But police say that they have a good idea of who the suspect is and expect an arrest to be made in the case soon. Once arrested, the suspect will face at least one felony animal cruelty charge.
    Roady does have several people interested in adopting him, though B.A.R.C. is expected to hold on to him for a little while longer for observation.
    We hope that the person that threw this defenseless dog out the window pays for such a horrendous crime. And we'd like to give major kudos to Brittany Gartin, whose heroic actions saved this adorable dog.
    Explore More from Pet360:
    Cleveland Police Officer Adopts Abused Dog He Rescued
    Sheriff Smashes Car Window to Rescue Overheated Dogs
    Tiny Dog Gets Big Rescue on Busy California Highway
    Humane Society Names 101 Worst Puppy Mills
    German Shepherd Puppy Drives Car into Pond
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Good for the lady who rescued the puppy! What a cute puppy!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good for her! Hope they find and prosecute the poor excuse for a human who did this! And the rental company refuses to rent him a car ever again, just for good measure!
    I've Been Frosted

Good for you!!! I hope the guilty person is found and punished. How cruel! Cute pup.

Adorable puppy! And kudos to rescuer for saving pup and for quick thinking of getting license number! Hope perpetrator of this horrendous cruelty gets exactly what's coming to them.

Adorable puppy! And kudos to rescuer for saving pup and for quick thinking of getting license number! Hope perpetrator of this horrendous cruelty gets exactly what's coming to them.