Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please welcome Admiral Applesauce! *new pics post 12*

Please welcome Admiral Applesauce! *new pics post 12*

I have a headache, so keeping this post short and then off for a nap.

Picked up a new foster today, a singleton...Hopefully he'll have a friend soon! He is FAT and GORGEOUS!

Better update later. For now, have some photos to enjoy!

Last edited by snakemama; 06-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Hey, Captain Cutie!
    I've Been Frosted

Awwwwwwwwww.... he's ADORABLE!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

OK, better post time!!

Admiral is BIG. I think the shelter may have overestimated his age...he seems to me more in the 2 1/2 week old range, just GIGANTIC. I told hubby "He's gonna be a BEEFCAKE of a cat!" and hubby agreed.

He is also a handful! Since he's a singleton he needs lots of extra love, and I'm already being taught that he does NOT like for anything to be in his way. EVER! LoL. He climbs over everything, and if he can't get over it he tries to plow right through. Once he's grown a bit he'll be able to plow/climb his way through pretty much anything!

Everyone who has seen him so far has been totally smitten. I have a big job ahead of me getting him properly socialized as a singleton, because I have a feeling he will be snatched up the second he gets back to the shelter.

Hello, Admiral Applesauce! I saw your picture on Facebook and I am so thrilled to see it here too! What a dumpling, darling kitten!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well, he rejected his bottle for his 11pm feeding, and he's now sitting in my lap suckling on a blanket. I'm confused.

Admiral, you are just adorable.

Appy, you sound like you are going to be a big, dumb (in a cute way), strong cat. You will be a character all right - you already are!

And it sure doesn't hurt that you are gorgeous!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sunday 6.22.14
    Oh My! He is ADORABLE--! Yes, He's so cute I bet he'll be adopted right away. Did he ever take his bottle today?

Welcome aboard Admiral, to the good ship Pet Talk.

He certainly is adorable. And a mind of his own? I hope extra care is paid to the mid set of his adopters

Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Excellent news! The shelter called, and Admiral Applesauce has a friend coming in the next few days!

They have a nursing mama, a feral cat, who is NOT handling the shelter environment well, and despite their best efforts to keep her secluded and stress-free, is starting to reject her kittens. So they are going to spay her and release her back where she was found, and her kittens are going into foster. I'm not 100% sure she will be spayed today because their autoclave broke and they may or may not have enough clean surgical tools to do the procedure today, but VERY soon. I'm getting a little boy from the litter to be Applesauce's buddy.

I'm thinking Colonel Crumpet.

Here's last night's photos.

He's learning about that solid food stuff.

Just got a note from my sis-in-law who works at the shelter...

Have fun with the second one, Cathy! We're going to be triaging it shortly. Momma was so feral that this little guy's gone kinda feral as well. But I know that if anyone can tame him, it's you. Fluffy fat gray thing.

Admiral Applesauce definitely looks old enough to be weaned. Good luck!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

"fluffy fat gray thing" lol!

He just is soooo sweet!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda