Thread: What This Soldier’s Girlfriend Did To Him Is Screwed Up. But The Internet Saved The Day.

What This Soldier’s Girlfriend Did To Him Is Screwed Up. But The Internet Saved The Day.

I notice the first paragraph refers to EX-girlfriend. I guess so!

June 19, 2014 Stories

When you go serve your country overseas, the last thing you should have to worry about is the safety of your loved ones at home. After all, you have enough on your plate staying safe and defending our nation. So imagine how upset you’d be if your beloved dog, the one you raised from a puppy, was secretly sold away to another family by a jealous ex-girlfriend, and there was nothing you could do from half way around the world. Horrible right? Well luckily for Robert Gabbert, his wish to be reunited with his best friend has just come true.
    Robert Gabbert raised his Shiba Inu Baxter from a puppy and left him with his girlfriend when he went to Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the family that bought Baxter said their children had become too attached to him after a month of their home.

However, after Robert’s plight elicited a social media campaign and news stories, the family changed course.

Robert raised Baxter from a puppy and he has an incredible number of loving photos on his Facebook page. Our favorites involve the adventures in and around Fort Carson, Colorado where Robert is stationed.

‘That’s his baby. He bought that dog before he went the first time. He did a lot of research to find the right one with the right color coat. He paid a lot of money for that dog. This kid even belongs to the kennel club,’ according to Robert’s dad. ‘It upset him pretty much when he found out she got rid of it.’

But now that the family has returned the dog, Robert’s dad said he plans to send the family money so they can find another dog for their children. ‘I do feel bad for them. They bought him and didn’t know that he wasn’t hers to sell. The kids should have a dog.’

Thankfully Baxter will be reunited with his owner soon. I just wish Robert didn’t have to deal with this while protecting us overseas. It’s truly the last thing we’d want to deal with, especially as his number one priority should be getting home safely. But thankfully, at least there’s a happy ending in this case.

Source: KOAA via Daily Mail
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aww, it's nice he will help those children get a dog they can keep forever. We are glad he and his dog will be reunited, too.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Tt's SO great that Robert got his dog back!! He shouldn't have had to though. C'mon, I'm sure everyone, even his ex-girlfriend believes she acted like a DB!

That's actually fairly minor compared to what happens to some.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    That's actually fairly minor compared to what happens to some.
    Sad but true. Too many jealous boyfriends out there. I can't believe they're jealous over ten pounds of fluff.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Sad but true. Too many jealous boyfriends out there. I can't believe they're jealous over ten pounds of fluff.
    I was actually referring to the hell deployed/otherwise not home soldiers and sailors go through at the hands of their spouses/girlfriends.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I read the article twice. I have a question: Where is the dog now? with Robert soldier's parents? No doubt Robert loves his dog but I wonder how much time they've actually spent together.