Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday #590. It's time for the Summer Solstice!

Thursday #590. It's time for the Summer Solstice!

The weather has been warm and the First Day of Summer is upon us.

It's been way too warm to fire up the stove....

I am going to get the Orc to fire up the grill and I am going to squeeze some lemons and lime to make some ades and maybe put out a pitcher of slushies.

Let me go into the L+F to pull out some lawn and deck chairs....

DONE!

You're letting the Orc play with fire?

I'm taking LOK and going to hide in the L+F......that would be safer!

Angel, grab a string so's we don't get lost.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Yay, it's summer! I'm drinking iced tea, mine is unsweetened but I can make sweet tea if you like.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I have sprouts! I have sprouts! Whoever it was did not manage to eat ALL the hundred or so basil seeds I planted, and so I have teensy weeny purple sprouts, at least 3 of em. Maybe 4. Hoping they all survive!!! Then later this summer we can have good basil with tomatoes, and even some basil vinegar for salads this winter!

For now, some lemonade would be dandy, thanks!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Lemonade please.

I picked my grandson up from work yesterday afternoon, and we stopped for a soft serve ice cream on the way home. Haven't done that in ages, and I went into sticker shock when I saw the price - $2.75 for a medium. Yikes - at the place we stopped at, a small used to be $1.00, a medium $1.50, and a large $2.00. And the ice cream yesterday wasn't even that good - not real creamy --- rather icy. Probably would have done better getting it a McDonald's, since the nearest DQ is about 12 miles from here and out of my way.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Lemonade please.

I picked my grandson up from work yesterday afternoon, and we stopped for a soft serve ice cream on the way home. Haven't done that in ages, and I went into sticker shock when I saw the price - $2.75 for a medium. Yikes - at the place we stopped at, a small used to be $1.00, a medium $1.50, and a large $2.00. And the ice cream yesterday wasn't even that good - not real creamy --- rather icy. Probably would have done better getting it a McDonald's, since the nearest DQ is about 12 miles from here and out of my way.
    There was a drugstore chain called Sav-on (I don't know if it was national or not), but you could get a triple cone for a quarter! A single was 10, a double was 15 cents.

One Lemonade!

Done.

Karen, a lemonade and some goat cheese for a caprese salad?

Done!

CM,

Do you make sun tea?

LH,

"Run away, Run away!!!"

(Name the movie and you win a cold glass of lemonade and the appropriate treats for your minions?)

Done!!

Brave Sir Robin ran away.

Bravely ran away away.

When danger reared it's ugly head
    he bravely turned his tail and fled
    Brave, brave brave Sir Robin....

And they ate Sir Robin's minstrels

And there was much rejoicing.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Brave Sir Robin ran away.

Bravely ran away away.

When danger reared it's ugly head
    he bravely turned his tail and fled
    Brave, brave brave Sir Robin....

And they ate Sir Robin's minstrels

And there was much rejoicing.
    "Boldly Brave Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot." -- minstrel (I'm chuckling to myself because this is one of my very favorite musicals!)

Richard, I've never tried making sun tea. I probably could give it a try, because my balcony faces south and gets a lot of sunshine on bright days.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hmmmm, so close.....There was chain mail, swords and and horses too, but they were nuts?

I am going to add some cupcakes to the winner's stash........

==========================

Here's a trick that I learned about making a 'sun' tea at night.

I have a gallon glass bottle that I fill with hot water, toss a few tea bags in and leave it on the counter for the evening, in the morning I put it into the fridge so it gets cold.

Refills?

Done.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I sometimes forget and leave a mostly-full bottle of water in the car, and find it after a hot day, so will bring it in, use that sun-heated water and steep tea in it, to then cool for later iced-tea drinking. I am not patient enough for true sun tea (and don't get enough sun in this apartment to be able to heat a teaspoon, never mind a whole cup of water) but that is as close as I get!

P.S. I think I may be up to 8 teeny basil sprouts - I hope they all live and grow strong!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I sometimes forget and leave a mostly-full bottle of water in the car, and find it after a hot day, so will bring it in, use that sun-heated water and steep tea in it, to then cool for later iced-tea drinking. I am not patient enough for true sun tea (and don't get enough sun in this apartment to be able to heat a teaspoon, never mind a whole cup of water) but that is as close as I get!

P.S. I think I may be up to 8 teeny basil sprouts - I hope they all live and grow strong!
    After I make my 'sun tea' I take my water bottles or a plastic glass and fill them halfway, then toss them into the freezer.

When they are frozen, I just add some more tea!

Cupcakes? Sounds good to me. THanks, barkeep!

Cupcakes? Sounds good to me. THanks, barkeep!
    I had to laugh out loud re: the 'bunny conundrum'. It was part of the "run away, run away" riddle/question........

Cupcakes?

Done!

So, I've gone back to college. The first course I'm taking is "what does it mean to be Human". The course is structured around the life of Bob Marley.

Between the discussion boards and the papers for the course there has been a short ton of writing involved.

My answer for the current week's discussion question, however, was short and to the point. The question is:What makes an “effective” analysis? What tools can we use to write clearly and with power?

My answer? Wine, lots of wine.

So, I've gone back to college. The first course I'm taking is "what does it mean to be Human". The course is structured around the life of Bob Marley.

Between the discussion boards and the papers for the course there has been a short ton of writing involved.

My answer for the current week's discussion question, however, was short and to the point. The question is:What makes an “effective” analysis? What tools can we use to write clearly and with power?

My answer? Wine, lots of wine.
    Ten Gazillion people on the planet and they pick Marley?

Wine?

Done!

--------------

I need to clarify the "run away, run away" comment.

It's from the Monty Python/Holy Grail flick!

When I saw the "bunny that looks at me" comment, I thought of the "Holy Hand Grenade".

The horses were "nuts"?