Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: URGENT- F Dalmatian in OK Needs RESCUE/HOME

Glad to hear that things are looking up! What a cute pup, I was very glad to see the picture. Thanks for sharing a pic so soon. We will all be thinking of your family and hoping that the new addition has a quick and safe recovery from everything!

Update on Abby

It seems that Abby woke up on Thursday morning and decided that she lives here...the pacing has slowed, but she is still very interested in the kitchen. She is now sleeping on the bed with us at night (in fact, she is napping on the bed right now!). She and Zachary are getting along very well and things are going well...
    that is until today. Abby is in heat...Zachary is not neutered...
    life just keeps getting interesting! Wish me luck...we DO NOT NEED ANY SPOTTY BEAGLES!!

Deana aka Zachary and Abby's Mommy
    Zachary The Beagle,
    CEO of the Canine SMS

Tuesday, January 14th Abby Update

Abby went to the vet this morning and had her stitches removed. The vet said that her tummy looks real good and healed very nicely. He checked her heart, pulse, stool, and blood. She is heart worm and hookworm free. Her heart and pulse rate were wonderful. The blood work will be back on Wednesday. He confirmed that Abby is indeed in heat. Also, she is now up to 49.5 pounds...or a weight gain of EIGHT POUNDS in one week!! He would like to see her at about 53 to 55 pounds based on her size. He said that she is most likely between two and three years old.

Abby has adjusted to her life just wonderfully! She has all but quit the pacing...only where the kitchen is involved now. She has not torn up anything and I am slowly getting her to play with the right kind of toys...nothing that can be chewed up and swallowed.

So...all is right in Miss Lilly Abigail Flak's world!

Abby and Zachary's Mommy
    Zachary The Beagle,
    CEO of the Canine SMS

I am so happy to hear she is doing so well. Obviously the love and attention you are giving her is making her pick up weight - (like most women, when we are happy, we get larger it seems!!)

Congrats, and I look forward to hearing many more stories about her and Zachary. I am sure he thinks his luck has changed - not only does he have a new friend, but a new FEMALE friend AND she is on heat ............ life just gets better and better (doesn't it Zachary!!)
    Last edited by captain; 01-15-2003 at 04:02 PM.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

AROOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh, yeah! Hubba! OH...my mommy says NO HUBBA HUBBA!
    Never mind.....
    Zachary The Beagle,
    CEO of the Canine SMS