Thread: Chester the cat found after being lost by Air Canada

Chester the cat found after being lost by Air Canada

YAAAY!!!!

Chester, a seven-month-old Scottish Fold kitten who was lost by Air Canada at the Montreal airport last month, has been found safe and sound — if a little skinny.
    Owner Amanda Stewart, who lives in Surrey, B.C., posted a picture of Chester to Facebook on Wednesday along with the comments: "Omg omg omg" and "Hi everyone ITS BEEN CONFIRMED CHESTER HAS BEEN FOUND ALIVE. He is on his way to the vets right now."
    Stewart confirmed to CBC News that Chester had been found by a woman, also named Amanda, who works at the Montreal-Trudeau airport where Chester was lost.
    "I'm happy. I'm just hoping that he's OK right now. That he's healthy," Stewart told CBC News. "He seems to be skinny."
    Isabelle Arthur, a spokeswoman for Air Canada, said the airline was advised by the Montreal Airport Authority team this morning that Chester had been located.
    "They subsequently delivered him to our cargo team. As soon as we confirmed it was Chester, we advised his owner. Chester is now at a local veterinarian for a full checkup," Arthur said.
    She said Air Canada was making arrangements to reunite Stewart and Chester as soon as possible.
    Stewart had bought Chester from a Quebec breeder for $1,200 more than a month ago. However, the cat managed to escape from its airline-approved cat carrier on May 21 while at the Montreal airport en route to Vancouver.
    Owner looked to Facebook for help
    Stewart had set up a Facebook page to help co-ordinate searchers in Montreal. Just yesterday, she posted a message that said Chester had been gone so long that it wasn't looking good. "He should have been seen by now," she wrote.
    "I had great amounts of awesome people just looking in the neighbourhoods for me. He wasn't found in the neighbourhoods though, he was actually found inside the airport fence — along the fence is what I got — and he was spotted and then trapped this morning," she said from Surrey, B.C.
    Now Chester is at the vet getting a checkup, accompanied by an Air Canada employee who had been helping Stewart on her own time. Stewart said Chester weighs just five pounds, but is eating and drinking.
    She said she hopes to get him back soon, but wants to make sure he's in good shape before putting him on a plane.
    Air Canada could have done more: owner
    Stewart told CBC News that while she's very happy that Chester was found, she is still upset with what she said was a lack of communication from the airline to the rest of the airport.
    She said Air Canada could have done more to co-ordinate search efforts.
    To get him back home, Stewart said she hopes that at the very least, Air Canada will allow Chester inside the cabin instead of putting him in cargo. Ideally, she said, they'd pay to have her husband fly to Montreal to collect the cat.
    "I don't want him in cargo at all."

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, I'm just SOOOOOOO glad that he's been found, he's safe, he's being checked out by a vet, and he'll soon be home! God bless.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    You must be SO happy that your Chester will soon be home! What an ordeal, bloody awful! Glad he's safe now honey.

That is great news and we are glad that Chester is home now
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Poor Chester; what an ordeal for the cat and the new owners. I'm glad he has been found and hope he checks out ok and is healthy.