Thread: Beautiful Siren

Beautiful Siren

Siren, what a beauty you are! I think I never saw a Tangerine Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko before, and I'm totally in love with your big black eyes!!

Enjoy your special day, sweet girl!

(BTW, I wonder if she is sharing her home with Valor, who is also a Leopard Gecko from Las Vegas. He was Pet of the Day on June 5 and has the same age)

Siren

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day.
    You are one beautiful gecko.
    I'm so glad your human knows a lot about you.
    You will be well taken care of for hopefully 20 years.

Donna

Wow, I've never seen such a gorgeous looking gecho !!
    I am wondering if it takes a lot of work to keep such a pet?

Congrats to you Siren

Blog Entries
    I think everyone agrees that Siren is one spectacular Gecko! Great POTD, Hats off to Siren!

Siren would like to thank everyone for the warm wishes and congrats on being pet of the day! I am a fairly new leopard gecko owner and have learned so much about these beautiful animals since owning them. I’m so touched that Siren was featured as Pet of the Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Siren, what a beauty you are! I think I never saw a Tangerine Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko before, and I'm totally in love with your big black eyes!!

Enjoy your special day, sweet girl!

(BTW, I wonder if she is sharing her home with Valor, who is also a Leopard Gecko from Las Vegas. He was Pet of the Day on June 5 and has the same age)
    Hi Kirsten,

Thank you for your lovely comments! Siren did indeed share a tank with my other little leopard gecko, Valor. They both now enjoy their own 20 gal. tanks since they have become bigger. Leopard geckos are solitary animals and prefer to have their own stomping ground to have all to their own. I know that may seem big for such small animals but leopard geckos require a warm and cool side that requires a larger tank to maintain the correct temperature gradient for my cold blooded friends to be the healthiest and happiest they can be!

Hello, Siren and happy Pet of the Day to you! I don't know a lot about geckos - what do you like to eat, and what is in your diet? Do you like to move from the warmer to the cooler side of your tank? What else do you like to do, besides chasing crickets? I hope you have many wonderful years with Valor and your caring person!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Hello, Siren and happy Pet of the Day to you! I don't know a lot about geckos - what do you like to eat, and what is in your diet? Do you like to move from the warmer to the cooler side of your tank? What else do you like to do, besides chasing crickets? I hope you have many wonderful years with Valor and your caring person!
    Thank you for your kind comments!

Leopard geckos are insectivores, meaning that they eat only bugs. If it doesn't wiggle, they won’t eat it. They enjoy hunting their food so crickets are their favorite. They are almost cat-like as they stalk them with their shiny black eyes intensely watching their prey’s every move before they pounce. In addition they also enjoy a variety of mealworms, phoenix worms, and hornworms. I also supplement their diet by dusting their crickets a couple of times a week with vitamin and calcium supplements.

Leopard geckos are nocturnal so Siren will most often spend of her day asleep in her moist, comfy hide of coconut fiber which rests above her under tank heater. The humidity in the warm moist hide helps her with shedding which happens about every ten days. After the sun goes down, she will emerge and climb about on her tank's multiple branches, naturalistic hides, and fake plants in her tank. When she hears me approach she hustles over to her feeding dish and looks at me expectantly hoping that something wiggly and yummy to eat is coming!

Every evening I take her out and let climb about on my giant beanbag or explore the multiple items on my coffee table. I usually only have her out for ten to fifteen minutes because any longer would cause her undue stress. My children love to sit on the couch and hold her, letting her walk along their hands and arms.

Siren, you are absolutely gorgeous! I have seen many leos in my time but I have never seen a tangerine morph that is so stunning. Congrats to you on your special day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Wow, I've never seen such a gorgeous looking gecho !!
    I am wondering if it takes a lot of work to keep such a pet?

Congrats to you Siren
    Aww, thank you! I love her to pieces!

The hardest work was figuring out the proper housing and husbandry for leopard geckos. I found out that much of what is posted online and even in most pet stores is not the best information for caring for these special little animals. Understanding the proper tank temperature, size, and humidity requirements is very important to maintaining happy, healthy leopard geckos. Since they are cold blooded they depend on just the right temperatures to help digest their food and the right humidity to help them shed properly.

The best thing about leopard geckos is that you can potty train them which makes cleaning and maintaining their tanks much easier!
    Last edited by monkeystyle3000; 06-18-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Super Siren

Belated congratulations on being Pet of the Day Siren.

You are so gorgeous in colour and look so happy and as if you have lots of fun. I can see why your human loves you very much.

Hope you had a wonderful day celebrating as you are now an international star.

Love

Nancy

Cat of the Day 1 March 2014
    Twitter@MissNancyJones