Thread: look what my hubby rescued....

Threaded View

look what my hubby rescued....

Friday night i get a text from hubby , be late home got a cat emergency, everything is going through my mind, oh no did he hit a cat or see one hit by a car, anyhow to cut a long story short, no, he found this beautiful mama cat and her kitten, she was in between two concrete walls by his work, she couldn't even get out,only way was to back out tail first which she did, he managed to get the kitten and then mama took off,so he went to the supermarket and got some food to entice her, it worked, she was super friendly, and the good news both mama and kitten in excellent health.
    Also apparently the boys in the engineering firm behind him had found one kitten by itself,and they decided it was so cute they would keep it.

we kept her here and baby overnight and rang the SPCA that night, they suggested we bring her in the next day,she was super friendly, such a smoocher and so hungry, both kitten and mama had no fleas, so we think they were dumped,and if so had only been very recently.it is possible she is lost, i am hoping that is the case.

It was very hard to part with her, and when we arrived the SPCA had her other three kittens which had been handed in by someone else from the same area as where hubby works, and one was a match to the kitten we had, and the other two dark torties like mama.

We gave a good donation and reluctantly and sadly left, the next day we decided to go visit her, asked if it was ok, the person on the phone said yes, however when we got there it wasn't as they said this can unsettle the cat, which i understood,however they did let us see her, i felt sad as her kittens were gone, they were about six weeks old and all eating solids, however i know it has to be done ,and she will be spayed soon and up for adoption.we are watching the facebook sight to see what happens with her, we named her brandy and her kitten whiskey.

If a long time goes by we may consider taking her, its just financially it is just manageable with the two and also my cats, especially nikki would be very stressed if another cat came to live, they were none to happy the night she was here ,as they could smell her scent through the doors.

The great news is the SPCA have reduced their adoption fees, they are so good, you pay $49 for a cat 6mths and over ,they are spayed,microchipped, de flead, de wormed, first vaccination and get registered on an animal register should they become lost, i think that is great value, costs around $120 to spay a female alone.

Well everyone, keep praying Brandy finds a new loving home soon and her babies too, just had to share.

The first pic is at my home on top of my laundry basket,its a bit dark, the other three are at the SPCA. the pics of the kitten don't do it justice, it was adorable, a beautiful fluffly champagne colour and very cute, and had a nice full tummy especially after having biscuits and wet food and mama all to itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-13 21.31.56.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	434.6 KB 
ID:	58254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRANDY.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	58255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRANDY 2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	58256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRANDY 3.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	58257  
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️