Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: look what my hubby rescued....

look what my hubby rescued....

Friday night i get a text from hubby , be late home got a cat emergency, everything is going through my mind, oh no did he hit a cat or see one hit by a car, anyhow to cut a long story short, no, he found this beautiful mama cat and her kitten, she was in between two concrete walls by his work, she couldn't even get out,only way was to back out tail first which she did, he managed to get the kitten and then mama took off,so he went to the supermarket and got some food to entice her, it worked, she was super friendly, and the good news both mama and kitten in excellent health.
    Also apparently the boys in the engineering firm behind him had found one kitten by itself,and they decided it was so cute they would keep it.

we kept her here and baby overnight and rang the SPCA that night, they suggested we bring her in the next day,she was super friendly, such a smoocher and so hungry, both kitten and mama had no fleas, so we think they were dumped,and if so had only been very recently.it is possible she is lost, i am hoping that is the case.

It was very hard to part with her, and when we arrived the SPCA had her other three kittens which had been handed in by someone else from the same area as where hubby works, and one was a match to the kitten we had, and the other two dark torties like mama.

We gave a good donation and reluctantly and sadly left, the next day we decided to go visit her, asked if it was ok, the person on the phone said yes, however when we got there it wasn't as they said this can unsettle the cat, which i understood,however they did let us see her, i felt sad as her kittens were gone, they were about six weeks old and all eating solids, however i know it has to be done ,and she will be spayed soon and up for adoption.we are watching the facebook sight to see what happens with her, we named her brandy and her kitten whiskey.

If a long time goes by we may consider taking her, its just financially it is just manageable with the two and also my cats, especially nikki would be very stressed if another cat came to live, they were none to happy the night she was here ,as they could smell her scent through the doors.

The great news is the SPCA have reduced their adoption fees, they are so good, you pay $49 for a cat 6mths and over ,they are spayed,microchipped, de flead, de wormed, first vaccination and get registered on an animal register should they become lost, i think that is great value, costs around $120 to spay a female alone.

Well everyone, keep praying Brandy finds a new loving home soon and her babies too, just had to share.

The first pic is at my home on top of my laundry basket,its a bit dark, the other three are at the SPCA. the pics of the kitten don't do it justice, it was adorable, a beautiful fluffly champagne colour and very cute, and had a nice full tummy especially after having biscuits and wet food and mama all to itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-13 21.31.56.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	434.6 KB 
ID:	58254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRANDY.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	58255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRANDY 2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	58256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRANDY 3.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	58257  
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Such a sweet story! Love the photos, Mama is a real beauty! I got a bit teary reading, especially as it seems they were dumped.

Sounds like they are in good hands and have a good chance of being adopted.

As you likely know, introducing a new cat is a process, it takes up to 6 weeks, depending on the personalities. So the fact you had here there just one night and your kitty was stressed is quite normal.

Give your hubs a "pat on the head" for doing such a wonderful thing!

Oh, they're adorable!

God bless your husband, Carole.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Aww, what a good story, and a happy tale! She's a beauty!
    I've Been Frosted

You and hubby are terrific!!! "Brandy, you're a fine girl..."

What a stunning cat Mama is! Good job by your husband!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Yes I became incredibly attached in just one night,she was such a sweetie,yes through PT I learnt about how to introduce new cats, I was extremely fortunate as when I rescued nikki and Ellie Mae I just brought them inside and it worked total fluke,but I know better now.

Yes I'm proud of hubby,he stayed behind to get her and it was getting dark,we have had awful cold wet weather and I'm so glad they are all warm and safe.

The SPCA keep them ten days before going up for adoption incase an owner comes forward,she's on several websites .

What gets me they must have been looked after by someone,,she was a bit thin but in great condition nice shiny coat and so was the kitten,so unless she strayed she was being looking after. How could anyone do that,it's a total industrial area where she was,another elderly cat has been found there too.

Yes please wish positive thoughts brandy finds her forever home,I'm sure her babies will,as kittens go first,

Ha yes litterati I love that song,and yes called her that because of her colouring and that song.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

We are sending our loving thoughts and prayers and good wishes that Brandy and her kittens all find their Purrrfect Furrrever homes! And also that the elderly cat who was found where Brandy was found will find a Purrrfect Furrrever home too.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    carole ~ I have a soft spot for Cat Dads. Please give your hubby an Eskimo kiss from me.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Awesome story. And Carole, you and your hubby are awesome people. Brandy is such a beautiful cat. Wishing the best for all.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I had to laugh,

When a guy brings "Brandy and Whiskey" home, it usually means a party?
    -

Good one, Richard!

As beautiful as they are I'm sure they will get a home soon thanks to you and hubby.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

I thought i would stop by and let you know what happened to Brandy and Whiskey.

Brandy was due to be spayed ,but unfortunately she got the cat flu, she was very healthy here ,no signs what so ever so im sure she picked it up at the Shelter,not uncommon, however she was booked in the following week, i then heard she had already been adopted and to some really nice people who will spoil her rotten.

Apparently the cat attendant said Brandy was an amazing girl, but we already knew that, we would have loved to keep her,but we have to take good care of the two we already have, and low and behold a week later Nikkita needs a tooth removed and a dental, so far so good, back for check up tomorrow, it was expensive, so im glad we made the right decision here, as hard as it was.

I have not heard regarding the kitten and her other kittens,but im sure they found homes as they were just gorgeous and kittens go fast.

Ah Richard your comments did bring a smile to my face.
    Furangels only lent.

Carole, thanks for the update.

Glad Nikkita is now on the mend.