Thread: Oopy

Oopy

Oh My! I have tears in my eyes after reading about the life of Oopy. What a wonderful cat he was and handsome too! It sounds as if he really loved everyone especially your mother. Is Lucy still living? It's a very good writeup and I feel that I know how special Oopy was. I enjoyed all the beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing Oopy with us. He deserves to be COTD!

oopy

I know Oopy will always be remembered. I have had a few kitties cross to Rainbow Bridge and I remember them frequently. They stay in our hearts always and will always be loved.

Congrats on Oopy being COD.

Wolfman Jack - Oopy

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day Oopy. I know you are smiling down from pussycat heaven knowing that you are still remembered by your family.

You looked so happy in the pictures and a real true friend. I'm sure you have lots of friends in your new world now... and perhaps even a little dog that says I love you.

Nose kisses to you wherever you may be.

Love

Nancy

Cat of the Day 1 March 2014
    Twitter@MissNancyJones

Oopy, I’m so glad you had a good long life with your caring family - no wonder they couldn’t resist you when Daddy introduced you. You have been a sweet companion and they miss you very much now.

I’m sure the stuffed dog stopped barking “I love you” because you had to go to the RB, but you are now free of pain and celebrating at the RB with your new friends. Congratulations to you and your family for sharing your story and for being chosen as Cat of the Day!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Blog Entries
    I am very sorry for your loss of wonderful Oopy. It is so good to know he lived a life with people who cared for him and loved him deeply, what a beautiful blue darling he was! Best COTD today! Hope it was a special one for the whole family.

Blog Entries

Oopy the wolf kitty

What a wonderful story you have shared about your gray boy and your Mom. It makes me very teary also. We love our gray kitties (and all of our other kitties) don't we? My Mr. Jinx is 14 this year, and thankfully he is doing great, altho he has had many different health problems throughout his life. Your Mom was a wonderful woman to feed the strays. There are so many of them everywhere, we need many more people like your Mom. I drive around my town a couple times a week, and put out cat food and water in several different places, where I know they wait for me. I adopt any that I can tame, and try to place them, or I get stuck with them. We have no shelter here, so that is not an option. There are many worse things in life than getting stuck with a few cats. I love them all. And yes, have no question about the barking dog. It is silenced here, becuz God took it to Heaven for Oopy. Thank you for your awesome story, and everyone please keep adopting. God Bless.

Dearest Oopy, a.k.a. Wolfman Jack, what an utterly beautiful cat you are, and how greatly loved you are both in your earthly 15 years and in your eternal spiritual life. And what a heartbreakingly beautiful tribute to you your owner has written here.

Such a wonderful collection of photos of you are posted here, and we thank your family for sharing them with us. They show your beauty, both earthly and heavenly, so well! I wish I could reach all the way to the Bridge to pet that soft grey fur of yours and stroke you around your dear face. Since I can't, I know the Angels are petting and stroking you for me .

What a lovely story of how you and your dad Daddy were both rescued when you were a tiny kitten! You both shared your long earthly lives full of love with your dear human family. You kept your human mom company as she aged, and then as you became ill your humans nursed you with the greatest of care and love. Your dear Meowmie gave you your medications and sang "You are my sunshine.. " to you. Your family let you go to the Bridge when it was your time to go. Your little toy dog that had barked "I love you!" stopped barking when you passed, and it seems it sent its loving bark to the Bridge with you. I love that photo of your little doggy next to you! And how good that you sent your family a new kitty, Lucy, to love and care for.

Congratulations, darling Oopy, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your loving and beloved family and Lucy and all your friends are joining the Angels in a fine celebration, full of so much love and fun and all your favorite angelic games and treats!

Last edited by phesina; 06-15-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

An awesome tribute to an awesome kitty!

I'm so glad Daddy brought you to the humans to get some food. You had a great life. Play hard at the Bridge, Oopy. And congratulations on being Cat of the Day and thank for your family for sharing your story.

PS, My Jane is a Russian Blue and she showed up on my porch almost 5 years back.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Congratulations to you dearest Oopy on being our most special angel COTD. I too had tears in my eyes as I read the story of your life and looked at your wonderful photos. What a handsome boy you were. It is so wonderful that Daddy cat brought you to such a loving home where you enjoyed many happy years. I know how hard it was for your family to let you go when you got very sick. Our beloved kitties take a little piece of our hearts with them when they go to the Rainbow Bridge and it seems there is always a little ache in our hearts for them. But I believe you are looking down from heaven and watching over your family with love and know you will see them all again someday.

Hopefully all our beloved fur angels helped you celebrate your special day at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sending special thoughts and hugs to Oopy's family. Bless you for taking him in and giving him such a loving home and also for sharing this wonderful tribute with us.

A very handsome little guy!

Even though I never met Oopy, reading his story makes me feel as if I did. I choked up when I found out about his final illness and the little dog toy, because that brought back memories of my own dearest feline friend ever (Samantha, whose life was also shortened by cancer). Just as Oopy had an older mentor who led him to a better life, Samantha taught a semi-feral cat of the household (now my closest companion) that it's okay for cats to allow themselves to be petted and to snuggle up to humans. I hope that Oopy trained a successor to follow his example. I never met him, yet I miss him terribly... even over a distance.

It is such a shame that our Cats are destined to leave us so soon.
    But our Good Cats are going to the Awesome Eternal Angels Companions, where they will travel the World , and find us just the right place where we will all be reunited in love.

We will have Oopy over for lunch at the Swiss Chalet , where we will have a Chicken Wrap, Spring Rolls and Soup.

WE are all MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWING for Oopy Angel , Our Deraest New Angel Cat and Friend of the Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oopy was beautiful and I'm sure he is proud to be COTD. He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Oopy

Thank you for sharing Oopy with everyone. What a beautiful cat and what a wonderful story! I also got teary reading about such a special kitty. I'm so glad he had a wonderful home!