Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone..Lost Yum Yum

I will keep the prayers and good thoughts coming for the safe and rapid return of YumYum.

I miss my two while I am at work, even today while Cindy is home with them. The boy cat hides on us in the house and just drives me nuts!

Come home YumYum. We all miss you.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

I just saw this thread and I am so sorry that you have lost Yum Yum. Please don't give up - ask EVERYONE you can think of and maybe even go door to door in your neighborhood asking.

Your news of a wee one on the way is so special. I am sorry that it is overshadowed with the news of your (temporary) loss of Yum Yum.

Don't give up!!

I'm also just now reading this thread. I'm so sorry to hear that Yum Yum is lost. Please don't give up hope. I'd also look in the woods since thats where you saw her last. All fingers and paws are crossed. Good luck. BTW congrats on your pregnancy.

Any word yet on Yum Yum????

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Cats do like to roam...

I sure hope that YumYum decides to come home. And congratulations on the new member of the family! Prayers are being sent your way for the the safe arrival of both.

This thread caught my eye because my my cat's missing tonight. She's an indoors-only kitty, 1 and a half years old. Not declawed, fortunately. About a year ago, I got my coat out of the coat closet before I wend to work, and accidentally (unbeknownst to me) shut her in the coat closet. A friend came over to my house at lunch, in my absence, and discovered her in there. Since then, every day, this morning included, I have made sure I looked Sonsy IN THE EYES before I left the house. She was here this morning, and is not here this evening. I am trying not to panic.

My house is on the market and my real estate agent was here today doing some work. I know that Sonsy had to get into some portion of the house or outside, but Real Estate Agent (a gem of a guy, really) said he never saw her the whole time he was here. She really is an escape artist, a phantom, just a little slip of a thing that can get past you without notice.

She escaped Memorial Day 2002 for 50 hours. Then I found a site on the internet that advised me to sprinkle her litter box contents around the yard and put my sweaty clothes outside so that she will recognize our scents and know she's home. It worked then, so I've done that. I'm going out to call her once an hour on the hour...neighbors have barking dogs and if I call too long or too often they start barking like hounds from Hell. A bit counterproductive.

YumYum, if you see Sonsy, y'all hold paws and come home.

Oh no, another missing kitty. Sonsy, please come home soon - and bring Yum Yum with you....please.....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Thanks, Tubby's Mom

Thank you for replying to my post. I am feeling very alone!! Sonsy is an only cat and I don't have anyone to whine to!! I just can't imagine where she is. I live upstairs in my house where Sonsy lives. I rent out the downstairs to a woman who also has cats. With the realtor here today, I don't know if Sonsy is downstairs or outside! She never hides for long upstairs. A jingle of her fishing pole always brings her running!! I am trying not to panic...although I am running short on options and PANIC mode is looking good! I WILL remian calm. Thank you for your kind words.

Rosemary

Try not to panic. Have you asked the woman downstairs if she's seen Sonsy? And I know you've checked every closet and nook and cranny that she could have gotten into so I don't know what else to say except keep hoping.

Once, along time ago, Tubby didn't come out when I came home from work (he was usually waiting right by the door). I did the same as you, shaking his treat can, calling for him. A couple hours went by and he still didn't come out. I started to panic too, and called my boyfriend at the time. I was convinced something had happened during the day and Tubby was dead somewhere. Well, 5 minutes after my boyfriend showed up, he came up the stairs with Tubby in his arms. He had been sleeping behind some boards in the basement and for some reason hadn't responded to all my calls - or the treat can shaking. I was so mad at him, but yet so thankful to have him back, which I'm sure you're quite familiar with that feeling.

I know it's kind of late so you can't ask neighbors if they've seen Sonsy, but keep jingling her fishing pole and calling for her and hopefully she'll show up soon.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Sonsy's Mom ~

Hey Sonsy's Mom ~
    Don't panic... but Try These Ideas!

Read this post, then go to the link for some
    EXCELLENT information on how to recover Sonsy...

"Lost Pet Prevention & Recovery", by petavenger

His web site = http://www.lostpetfoundpet.com

And hre's the first article from the Book...

Get Busy & Search article.

We all wish you The Best in locating Sonsy!!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Thanks, Friends

Thank you, Tubby and Peanut's Mom, and Cinder and Smoke, for your kind words. Animal Lovers are the best. Sonsy did this last May (Memorial Day...how apros pos), and came home I when spread her used litter around the perimeter of the yard, and put my sweated-on clothes out there so she would know when she was home. I've done all that and am banking on her getting home that way again. All reason would say that she's still in the house somewhere, but she always greets me at the door and I've been home since 6:35. Thank you both for your good wishes. Will let you know.

SONSY IS HOME!!!

Thanks be to our Higher Power! (Politically Correct, I hope LOL! )Sonsy reapeared at 11 pm. She must have been hiding downstairs or outdoors and came in when I was going out to look for her. She's really talented when it comes to slipping by your feet near an open door. It's totally unlike her not to meow when she hears me call. Whatever, she is HOME and with me! My humblest sympathies to YumYum's people...I sure hope your baby comes home. And my sincerest thank you tons, Green and Tubby. I needed to hear the reassurance you offered. Whew. Must rest now! I don't know where my baby appeared from but I was so scared (not panicked but scared) when she was gone. Thank you!

Rosemary

Whew! She's home!!! I'm so happy for you Rosemary. She didn't happen to mention anything about seeing poor Yum Yum out there somewhere did she?

I'm sure you'll both get a good nights rest now, after lots of snuggles I'm sure. So glad she's home.

And now that she's home, let me say welcome to PT. We hope to hear much more about Sonsy and hopefully see some pictures too.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Wheeew!

Welcome Home, Sonsy!
    You NawTee Kat!!

Don't be *scarin* allua us like that!
    And - didja see YumYum while you were prowlin around?

Wun Home; Wun ta Go!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Tubby and Peanut's Mom

WHEW!!!
    Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Whew! She's home!!! I'm so happy for you Rosemary. She didn't happen to mention anything about seeing poor Yum Yum out there somewhere did she?

I'm sure you'll both get a good nights rest now, after lots of snuggles I'm sure. So glad she's home.

And now that she's home, let me say welcome to PT. We hope to hear much more about Sonsy and hopefully see some pictures too.
    Bless you. Thank you for your kind words. I must admit that I am tempted to clip Sonsy's nails to the elbow!! I'm kidding! But not much!! I sure wish I could find a way to help her undrstand thatI want to provide her with a afe place. Got any tricks of the trade to help my baby understand that what i'm doing is best for her?

I just came home (late) and read this thread. Thank goodness Sonsy came home! Come onnnnnn Yum Yum!!

For reasons I won't go into here but on a later thread..........I have had recent experiences with disappearing kitties. Where could they go? I knew for certain that they were in the house.

Have you looked under your bed lately? I was shocked to discover that the fabric on my box spring has been badly torn and here was this "lump" all curled up and fast asleep - thank you very much! Just another idea for a good hiding place.

Rosemary, I knew you would like it here - plenty of support exactly when you need it from great people who love their animals!

Gini and Rascal and ? ?