Thread: Summer!

Summer!

I know many people count it as their favorite season, but I am not amongst that group. Today was the first really hot, muggy day we have had this year, and when a clerk clerk asked the standard, "How are you?" and I said, "Eh, okay ..." he immediately said, "Just okay? Don;t like the heat, I guess!" and I smiled and admitted yes, winter is my favorite season, and I even like shoveling snow!
    I've Been Frosted

Lol i am the opposite. while its been really hot here, it was so cold and miserable this past winter that i refuse to complain about the. heat.

Not my favorite season, just make the best of it. Don't like the heat, the bugs and the storms.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I hate the bugs, storms, heat and humidity. If I had ocean front living quarters, then I would LOVE the summer and all it has to offer - including the storms which I find fascinating when viewed at the shore.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I don't like bugs or humidity, but the summer makes hiking a lot easier and less dangerous (at least in the mountains). I liked summer more when I wasn't in college and taking summer classes. My area now really doesn't have much to offer with hiking or winter sports but now that I'm moving to the Adirondacks for the winters, it'll probably make winters much more fun!

Well California doesn't really have winters anymore, so I am stuck with warm weather. I don't mind warm, but into the 100's is just not okay.
    Yesterday it got up into the 100's and we took the dogs to the beach. We avoided all that heat, but we did get a bit too much sun. My boyfriend mostly. He is a lobster!!

My preference on weather is in the 80s. I'm good with that. Not a fan of snow, except to visit sometimes. Maybe that's because I DO live in California!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Summer is absolutely NOT my favorite season!! I hate the heat, my favorite soaps on tvare not available during Summer, etc...

My favorite season is Spring!! I love to watch huw nature awakes,trees het new leaves and bloom, and I really love the colour of the leaves then (light green);I love to see so many flowers all around our garden, such as tulips, etc..

Here are some flowers of this Spring:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0686.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	58241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0985.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	58242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crocus.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	596.8 KB 
ID:	58243   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0679.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	58244  
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    What is that second one? I recognize the tulips, crocus and daffodils ....
    I've Been Frosted

I'm not a hot weather person either. Hubby might be taking a job in a MUCH hotter area than we currently live in and I am simultaneously really excited for the new start and dreading the heat...BUT! I wasn't unhappy living in Nevada, so hopefully southern Cali won't be too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    What is that second one? I recognize the tulips, crocus and daffodils ....
    The second is a "clematis". I have no idea what the english name is....

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    I'm not a hot weather person either. Hubby might be taking a job in a MUCH hotter area than we currently live in and I am simultaneously really excited for the new start and dreading the heat...BUT! I wasn't unhappy living in Nevada, so hopefully southern Cali won't be too bad either.
    If you are near the coast, it would be actually cooler rather than hotter!
    I've Been Frosted

Alas, Bakersfield is inland from San Jose, but that's ok!

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    That's a clematis! We have that in several colours, but this one is my favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Summer is absolutely NOT my favorite season!! I hate the heat, my favorite soaps on tvare not available during Summer, etc...

My favorite season is Spring!! I love to watch huw nature awakes,trees het new leaves and bloom, and I really love the colour of the leaves then (light green);I love to see so many flowers all around our garden, such as tulips, etc..

Beautiful flowers! Thank you, Lut.

I'm with you here. I also LOVE Spring! After the awful winter we had, we are having so many lovely days now.. warm but not steamy hot, and not humid. And the days keep getting longer! I love daylight sticking around until late.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I didn't tell what my favorte season is. its definitely not summer. my favorite time of year is fall. i love october,halloween, Colored leaves,cool breezes, pumpkins,indisn corn. I could rattle on forever