Thread: Peripheral paralysis?

Peripheral paralysis?

I have been suffering from having my arm fall asleep.

MY arm becomes temporarily paralyzed, but it's only on one side..my other arm does fall asleep, but not in the same way.

It starts with a heavy sensation at my elbow and goes halfway up my arm. My arm goes to sleep and if I am holding something like the remote control? It falls out of my hand as I lose the feeling in my hand.

It does happen when I am lying on my side, I am not lying on my arm when this happens.

I do get the feeling back when I get the cat to move......

------------------

The Edster got a haircut and because the house is kept relatively cool, he has become a snuggle-bug. If I go to the mancave and stretch out, he's in there and climbs up on the bed. After about 3-4 minutes of stepping, sniffing, stretching?

He climbs onto my arm and hangs his front legs over my bicep, near my elbow.

If I try to dislodge him from 'his' space, he vocalizes a lusty objection and he get to stay...until my arm goes numb and whatever I have in my hand falls.

--------------

Sometimes we both drift off - after I toss a blankie over us - and I wake up with an arm that won't work for the rest of the day..

-------

If I get lucky, the Edster will get up before my arm goes to sleep....If not?

I keep a bag of Temptations handy.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Be thankful that he doesn't sprawl across your face.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Be thankful that he doesn't sprawl across your face.
    Years ago Mike Tyson did an interview with a reporter and he was asked about his punching power.

He said something like, "I can hit a man and make him cry like a woman..." Tyson studied some anatomy while he was training and knew where to punch people.

-------------

Ed weighs about 13 pounds and when he climbs onto the bed, He starts at my ankles and walks his way up to my shoulder.

He stops along the way and stops with both legs/paws in the same little circle/area.

I cry like a woman.

There is something sinister and painful when a small animal manages to hurt you, just by standing in on spot - Cat-u-pressure?

Is your elbow bent when this happens? I have something similar - if I sleep with my right arm bent, my hand goes numb. Mine is caused by ulnar compression - but there are 3 nerves in the arm and you might have problems with one of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Is your elbow bent when this happens? I have something similar - if I sleep with my right arm bent, my hand goes numb. Mine is caused by ulnar compression - but there are 3 nerves in the arm and you might have problems with one of the others.
    Grace - maybe you missed the part about it being only when the Edster falls asleep on his arm that it goes numb!
    I've Been Frosted

And I have the same feeling as I have peripheral neuropothy in my feet and I have to be careful that my Empress Josephine of many names does not cause wounds on my feet.
    She is so active at night!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I have found contented felines are the major cause of this condition. I also cause myself circulatory distress when I will not change my body's position as to not disturb "the cat".
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!