Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your cat hang out in the bathroom?

My sister's RB meezer Poco also loved the bathroom. He had the same rule about the door. I think he also liked it because in winter, the bathroom was one of the warmest spots in the house because of where the heat vents were.
    My sister reminded me that their first house had a pantry off the kitchen that had a door. There was a hook on the back of the door. If she closed the door to put something on the hook, and left it closed for more than a split second - the same rule applied, cat and person were not allowed to be on opposite sides of closed pantry door either.

What a great topic! kitties and bathrooms!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Cara my tabby follows me into the loo (it's separate from the bathroom) every morning when I make my first visit in there when I get up. This involves some negotiation of the door because there isn't enough room for her to be deliberating about where to stand and watch and for me to close the door. And first thing in the morning neither my bladder nor I have the patience for this, so there can be some remonstrations from me and mewing from her. Once we are settled there is much slinky to-ing and fro-ing of her soft silky body against my legs. The. The whole drama starts again when I am ready to open the door and exit the room. Sometimes Coco the choc pt Siamese joins us and then it really gets complicated.

They do love to slide into the bathroom without my realising and hide behind the freestanding bath (its on claw feet lol) and one or two nights Cara has ended up shut in there on the cold tiles all night. I think she probably climbed into the linen basket though, that's another trick... Now where IS that cat???
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

I don't know why, but all 4 cats absolutely do NOT like the bathroom!! Maybe they associate it with water??

If I don't keep the door shut while taking a bath, both kitties will jump up and walk around the edge of the tub. Makes me verrrrrry nervous!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"