Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breeding a male red tri BC (Border Collie)

Unless you're following through with all certifications, testings, and clearances... I'm sorry, but you would be a backyard breeder.

I welcome RESPONSIBLE breeders with open arms. But, please. Educate yourself first. Think of the dogs, NOT of your own personal agenda.

Your ignorance regarding not only pit bulls but pet overpopulation is sad... pet overpopulation is NOT limited to any one breed but encompasses ALL breeds... including your beloved border collies that you seem to think are exempt from this problem.

Wolfsoul has some EXCELLENT advice. You would do very well by following it.

facebook

Thanks Wolfsoul! It's always a pleasure to see your dogs!

I too love the IDEA of breeding the occasional litter - In my fantasy world I would have Bedlington Terriers...but I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I couldn't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_FL View Post
    I looked up Back Yard Breeder. I don't see it pertaining to me or what my plans are. I have only spoken to my vet once about this.
    I have going to that practice for 10 years. The comments I have gotten seem to suggest, only a very few people have the right to
    breed dogs. And if I breed mine, it will force a Pit Bull to remain in a shelter. The reality is there are too many Pit Bulls, not too many
    BCs. People are scared of that breed, that is why there are so many in shelter. I would not even have one. The building where I live
    does not allow them. A Border Collie or Aussie was not a problem. Pits can be unpredictable. They can cause a problem with home
    owners insurance as well.
    Your ignorance about Pitbulls alone is why you SHOULDN'T be breeding. I don't even get why you started this thread, since you know everything already. I was at a shelter yesterday and there were 4 pitbulls and 4 border collies in the shelter...so an equal number. But no, you're not going to be adding to the issue at all.

Wow! Those Belgian Sheperds! Cuteness Overload Alert needed with pics. These pups are sooo adorable! Plus excellent advice/guide to what's involved in breeding.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    There is much more that I would like to say about the OP's motives, but it is useless and akin to beating a dead horse. He obviously had his mind made up as to what he would do, even before he started this thread. What a shame.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~