Thread: Invisible Monsters in Your Pet’s Bowls? (Or do you keep them really clean?)

Invisible Monsters in Your Pet’s Bowls? (Or do you keep them really clean?)

This is an article about how important it is to keep your pet's food and water bowls CLEAN.. Washing them thoroughly after each use.. Why plastic bowls are a bad idea...

http://www.care2.com/causes/invisibl...ts-bowls.html#
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    This crew's water and food bowls get washed at least once daily - even if they look clean. I know that plastic ones aren't the best choice, so that makes washing thoroughly even more important. With 5 cats and a dog all in the house, I always make sure that they have fresh, clean water, since everyone drinks from whatever bowl they feel like. There are 2 big plastic ones in the kitchen, 2 stainless ones in the family room, and a plastic and a ceramic for Wolfy in my bedroom. Of course the cats like Wolfy's, and Wolfy likes the ones in the kitchen - go figure!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am guilty of not cleaning the food bowls enough. I feel that I clean the water dish enough, though not daily. We have a large stainless bowl in the kitchen for all 4 kids. And there is a small water dish in the "cat room" since Jax gets shut in there each day.

Ok, I'll do better to keep the dishes (all of them) clean.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

thanks for that, i always knew not to have plastic bowls, but i must admit i need to be more fussy, after reading that article i will be from now on,its always good to learn new things,i have learnt so much from PT and i feel because of it i am now the best pet owner my cats could have and deserve.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️