Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Soccer World Cup 2014 in Brazil: Anyone planning to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Congratulations, Belgium. Great effort by the US side, and the goalie! 16 saves is a lot (a record, I believe.)
    You're absolutely right !!! That american goalie is the best I know!! He almost saved EVERYTHING !!! i bet you all understand how all supporters of the Devils wished him to hell eveytime he saved one attempt after another.......
    But hey, he missed 2, and that was enough for us!
    He he, isn't it obvious I am a true soccer fan....

Now on to Saturday!! If we can "control" Messi, we go to the semi-finals, where we will fight the very good team of the Netherlands ()

SEMIFINALS, YAY!!!

Unfortunately, I felt very ill last night, so I couldn't enjoy the match, nor was I able to join the big party downtown. So sad, I would have loved to take pictures of my hometown celebrating! And this was the last chance to take pictures as the next matches won't start before nightfall (and end around midnight).

There's a storm today and the flag outside my window is blowing in the wind ... and Lily loves to look at it!

Lut, you must be very excited by now, only three hours and the Red Devils will have their match vs. Argentina - and Messi. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    SEMIFINALS, YAY!!!

Lut, you must be very excited by now, only three hours and the Red Devils will have their match vs. Argentina - and Messi. Good luck!
    One hour ago I was very exited!! But now, almost 1 hour later, I am not happy to see that Argentina made 1 goal already.......!
    The Devils are NOT playing very well...., i am afraid they are to much impressed by the situation ( Argentina is anumber 1 club!!).
    De Bruyne isn't giving good passes, they also have to much "attackers"; they should have started with a much more defensive team.
    Now it is to late, they will have to make the best of it.. .
    Let's hope that they will do better now..... (crossing all fingers)

Don't give up, so far, they never scored within the first 70 minutes. :-)
    But it's also very obvious that Argentina is much better today, compared to previous matches.

Great flag/cat picture, Kirsten! I knew you'd be celebrating!
    I've Been Frosted

Ah, I'm sorry, Lut, I was keeping my fingers crossed for your team!

Karen, this is how soccer is celebrated in my country:

Berlin last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSnv7ioSX34

Berlin during the Germany - USA match:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U65hzbq0eWQ
    Last edited by Kirsten; 07-05-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Don't give up, so far, they never scored within the first 70 minutes. :-)
    But it's also very obvious that Argentina is much better today, compared to previous matches.
    No no, they didn't play better at all, they DID NOT PLAY !! They refused to play, it was so lame
    They made & goal after 10 minutes, then did not do anything anymore...
    Sorry, but this was sooooo frustrating for the other team (Belgium)

I'm proud, the Belgian time played a very good championship!! It was the first time in 14 years that they even made it to start in Brasil!!

I agree, those Argentinian matches were so boring to watch! I hope they won't win the championship that way; it would be a shame.

I'm really sorry, Lut, you must be so frustrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    No no, they didn't play better at all, they DID NOT PLAY !! They refused to play, it was so lame
    They made & goal after 10 minutes, then did not do anything anymore...
    Sorry, but this was sooooo frustrating for the other team (Belgium)

I'm proud, the Belgian time played a very good championship!! It was the first time in 14 years that they even made it to start in Brasil!!
    Aww, our sympathies, Lut!
    I've Been Frosted

I agree, those Argentinian matches were so boring to watch! I hope they won't win the championship that way; it would be a shame.
    I'm really sorry, Lut, you must be so frustrated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Aww, our sympathies, Lut!
    Thanks Kirsten & Karen
    It is very frustrating......

But hey, the Belgian Devils are the youngest group in this world Championship, and I am very proud about what they have done there in Brasil
    I'm sure they will be back and much better in the next WC in 4 years from now!

ps. By the way, Kirsten, that picture of Lily with the German vlag is amazing!!!

He? Nobody's posting here anymore??
    The semi-finals are coming up now , and of course the finale !

I think we will have The Netherlands against the German in the finale! In fact, I think that the Dutch will win it
    what do you think Kirsten? I bet you are sure about the supremacy of "Die Manshaft" !!

Go Germany!!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm really beginning to get a little nervous about the semifinale tonight. I'm sure it's going to be a tough match; Brazil is very unpredictable without Neymar. And I sure hope they won't play as roughly as they did vs. Columbia! 54 fouls in one match, and the referee did nothing about it!

I'm really beginning to get a little nervous about the semifinale tonight. I'm sure it's going to be a tough match; Brazil is very unpredictable without Neymar. And I sure hope they won't play as roughly as they did vs. Columbia! 54 fouls in one match, and the referee did nothing about it!
    It will sure be interesting! We know who you will be rooting for, Kirsten! And I am thinking there will be pressure on the referees to do more about the fouls, even if Brazil is the host country!
    I've Been Frosted