Just an FYI. I came home from the hospital yesterday after my back surgery on Wednesday. All went well as expected, and the pain in my hip and leg is gone. I had a first time bad reaction to anesthesia tho - something I never had previously - a wicked migraine and severe nausea. It took from Wednesday afternoon until Thursday evening for them to find a combo of meds to relieve both. I was soooooo sick! Once that was remedied, I felt fine, or as fine as could be expected. I'm tired and feel like I was run over by a bus, but that's to be expected. I ain't no kid no more! I can't do much of anything - including driving until after my first post-op appointment in a couple of weeks. Everything's cool - right???? - not so fast. I was getting dressed to come home, and I ruptured the tendon in my left shoulder. Of course I said nothing to them at the hospital, since there was no way I was staying any longer - I'll just deal with it later. I've been keeping heat on it when possible, and I have the muscle relaxers and pain meds for my back, and that's about the only thing they would do for it anyway. I tore the one in my right shoulder 7 years ago, so now I have matching "popeye arms". Never a dull moment here!

It's good to be home!