Thread: Prince and Nightshade in for the operation........

Prince and Nightshade in for the operation........

I have 3 unneutered males in my menagerie, Prince, Nightshade, and Nikolai. Prince and Nightshade were becoming sexually active in the past few day, mostly by Littlebit. I have made arrangements for Prince and Nightshade to be neutered Wednesday. I will try to get Littlebit and Tiara spayed this week also. I am curious why Nikolai is not interested in the girls yet, he certainly is of age? BTW, talking about Prince, I weighed him yesterday 8 lbs. for a 10 month old kitten! When I pick him up, you can feel the muscular strength in his body, also that he has very short blue fur, at least for a Maine Coon. Wish me luck in this endeavor.

............wayne

Wayne,

How old is Nikolai? And he is your Russian Blue right? The reason I ask is that Russian Blue's usually mature at a slower rate than other breeds.

I was taking Nakita in to get her stitches removed and the vet wanted to do blood tests because he was concerned of how small she was. I contacted my breeder who assured me that no blood tests are needed. Nakita's mother is only 5 pounds so Nakita is the perfect weight for her genes (she is now 6 months old and weights 3.1 pounds).

Another thing is that many times Russian Blues don't get their 'adult' teeth till 10 months. Nakita doesn't have hers yet. Maybe Nikolai is just slow in maturing.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Russianblue, thanks for your reply and answer. Are we the only two who has Russian Blue furkids on Pet Talk?

It seems as though my Russian blues do seem to mature slower than the others I have. Prince is a Russian Blue/Maine Coon mix. But according to his size and temperment, he favors the MC. breed.

Yes, Nikolai and Blue-Czarina are my two Russina blues. (They have no pedigree papers, but their appearance and temperments definitely make them nearly 100% Russian Blue) If I remember correctly, Nikolai was born last March. That would make him about 9 months old. I am thinking that Blue-Czarina is about 20 months old now. I really do not remember when she was born -spring of 2001, sometime.

My tiny little female Littlebit (Tiny butt) is very tiny for her age. Although she is a gray/tan tortie mix, like her mom, Cookie, she is less than 3 lbs for being 9 months old. Cookie was also very small for her age until this summer, now she is about a normal sized female. Also that Littlebit has green eyes, which I am thinking that is the Russian Blue in her lineage.

.......wayne

My aby is small too. He's 2 years old and he only weighs 6 lbs. He's so small compared to everyone else that he kinda looks like the kitten of the family
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever