Thread: Petsitting!!

Petsitting!!

At my first job, there are 2 dogs and 3 cats in the office. My boss asked me to take care of them sometimes when she went away. She also has cats at her house that were strays that she took in and got spayed/neutered. I only live 3 miles from the office, so when I got a new job I told her if she ever needs me to pet-sit I'm still available. One of the dogs, Condie, died in January(thread in Dog Memorial), and the other dog, Minnie, was not coping well with being an only dog, so they adopted Natasa, a hound mix.
    So, this week I get to pet-sit!!! I started this morning and I am having fun The dogs have to go out every 6-8 hours, and they all have to get fed twice a day. That means getting up around 1am every morning for the next week, but I'm looking forward to it The cats at the house, being 'ex-strays', aren't sure they like me. One is a female who won't let anybody very near her, so she has 2 kittens. Here are pics, and I hope to get more. I'm planning to bring Minnie and Natasa home to play with Lolli sometime this week.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140523_010.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	471.4 KB 
ID:	58183 Natasa and my sister Sianna. Natasa LOVES kids!

Name:	WP_20140523_014.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	315.3 KB 
ID:	58184 Minnie

Name:	WP_20140524_001.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	58185 Lexus and her one kitten. Unlike his mom, he is very friendly. His sibling isn't though.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

I've been pet sitting for a few years now... in fact, as I type this I am pet sitting two cuteeee maltipoos while their parents are out of town for memorial day weekend. It can be very fulfilling... but in my quest to find more clients I ran into the problem of not having any free time for myself So I cut back significantly and am no longer accepting new clients... as I do still have a full time job! But it's nice, easy, and best of all I get to do what I love.

I'm glad you're having fun!

facebook

Sounds like a good thing for everyone involved! Enjoy!
    I've Been Frosted

More pics...

Name:	WP_20140525_001.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	340.9 KB 
ID:	58198
    Snuggles

Name:	WP_20140525_009.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	279.6 KB 
ID:	58199
    Julian-he doesn't like me very well

Name:	WP_20140525_010.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	58200
    Male kitten-his sibling stays hidden when I come out to the barn

Name:	WP_20140525_013.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	311.7 KB 
ID:	58201
    Lexus-this is the closest I can get to her

Name:	WP_20140525_020.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	58202
    And Minnie I brought her and Natasa home Sunday afternoon and we had a good time. 'Tasa (as my sister nicknamed her), let Lolli know that she is the boss dog, but Lolli was ok with that so there wasn't much tension. And that's all the pics for now.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Hi, Minnie and Natasa and hi, kitties! Minnie and Natasa, I am glad you got to spend some time with Lolli and her family while your humans are away.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678