Thread: Thursday #586 The Unofficial start to summer.

Thursday #586 The Unofficial start to summer.

It's Memorial day on Monday.

A long weekend, races, picnics and remembering all of our loved ones that have gone before us.

Come in to the bar, have a seat and order up a drink.

Done.

Something cold, mint iced tea, please!
    I've Been Frosted

I haven't been to the bar in a bit...lovely day here...great day for a glass of Chardonnay on the deck with a good sharp cheddar.

~~~ waves high to all gone before ~~~ love y'all!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Hello all. Could I get some of that mint iced tea too please? Was a nice, warm day today.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Cheers to ALL of our veterans. Last year this holiday weekend we were in NC to my big bro's memorial service - he was also a veteran of the Korean War. Hard to believe he's been gone a year already.

This weekend I'm going to spend catching up on everything that needs to be done before my surgery on Wednesday, since I won't be able to do much for a few weeks after. No cookouts or taking in the beach for me. I think my son and his girlfriend will be riding the bike down to DC for the Rolling Thunder celebrations.

Looks like just me and Wolfy and the kitties have the place to ourselves. That's a good thing every once in a while.

I'm needing coffee right now............Later, y'all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

A large cold beer for me please. ( although the weather here is cloudy and cold) but I can dream though.
    ZACK MY BIG BEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Something cold, mint iced tea, please!
    Hokay, time to start serving.

One Mint Tea.

Done.

PM,
    A chardonnay with a cheddar on the side?

DONE!

QoP,
    Another mint tea?

Hey Pom,

Thinking good thoughts for you and your procedure.
    Coffee? Done!

Wild,

One beer and a place to dream!
    DONE!
    Done!

Today I saw one of those unofficial signs that summer has begun. As I was pulling in the parking lot, I saw a tall young man wearing ear buds for his music, but gingerly walking barefoot on the hot pavement, with that mincing kind of step telling the world this was the first time he'd been barefoot outdoors since last summer, and his soles were a bit tender because of it!
    I've Been Frosted

I was in Washington, DC in 1990 visiting a friend Memorial Day weekend. We were down in the District shopping and saw Rolling Thunder. We got a heap of (analog) pics that I need to scan in one of these days.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Today I saw one of those unofficial signs that summer has begun. As I was pulling in the parking lot, I saw a tall young man wearing ear buds for his music, but gingerly walking barefoot on the hot pavement, with that mincing kind of step telling the world this was the first time he'd been barefoot outdoors since last summer, and his soles were a bit tender because of it!
    I used to walk everywhere BF. People used to laugh and tell me I had alligator feet because of the calluses I had. The worst thing to do is to get a burn on the bottom of your feet, That happened to me walking out on the sand at the beach.

STE,
    In So Cal near thanksgiving, they have a HUGE toy run/concert that a local Hog shop puts on to gather stuff for the kids at Christmas.

It is a thing to behold, all those bikes in one place.....It makes me want to buy another!

Raising a toast to the late Maya Angelou with my decaf Diet Coke. "People will never forget how you made them feel."
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Absolutely - I believe a large glass of sweet tea would be in order, being as she was a grande Dame of the South. She inspired generations of people to the written word, and will do so for many years to come.

She also has had my utmost respect as the only person a former boss of mine, a brash New Yorker by birth, who would lay in wait to corner someone like Bill Gates in an elevator, was ever intimidated by. He admitted to being almost afraid of her!
    I've Been Frosted

I heard a quote last night from Bill Ritter. It went something like this: he was doing a sound check for President Clinton's first inauguration in 1993. He said something like, "Maya, are you ready this early in the morning?" Without missing a beat, she said, "I'm an elderly Black woman from the South. The proper form of address is 'Miz Angelou'."
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    I heard a quote last night from Bill Ritter. It went something like this: he was doing a sound check for President Clinton's first inauguration in 1993. He said something like, "Maya, are you ready this early in the morning?" Without missing a beat, she said, "I'm an elderly Black woman from the South. The proper form of address is 'Miz Angelou'."
    LOL! What a woman! Love that!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Someone didn't have their caffeine that morning?

I 'worked' with a woman who was introduced to me as Ms. XXXXX. - I use sir or ma'am when I worked so I made the 'mistake' of answering her with a 'Yes, ma'am'.

You would have thought that I had called her a biatch.

She corrected me in front of a bunch of people and needless to say I never called her Mz.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.