Thread: My rat ate some scented candle???

My rat ate some scented candle???

My rat ate a little bit of a mocha scented candle someone left sitting out, and I am really scared that it's gonna kill him! He didn't eat much of it at all, just a few tiny bites, but I am so worried now since it wasn't just a plain wax candle. As of right now, he is acting completely normal, and he ingested the candle about 45-60 minutes ago. I don't know if I can afford to take him to the vet. Please someone help, I am in tears right now, I'm so scared

Do not panic, he will probably be fine. Just pay attention to him, and as long as he is eating and pooping normally, it will pass on through! Rats in the wild eat all sorts of things we do not actually consider food, and as it was just a few nibbles, I wouldn't worry about it!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Do not panic, he will probably be fine. Just pay attention to him, and as long as he is eating and pooping normally, it will pass on through! Rats in the wild eat all sorts of things we do not actually consider food, and as it was just a few nibbles, I wouldn't worry about it!
    Thank you, this makes me feel a lot better! I will definitely keep an eye on his eating and pooping.

Quote Originally Posted by chadsquid View Post
    Thank you, this makes me feel a lot better! I will definitely keep an eye on his eating and pooping.
    It is funny, I am sorry you were so worried, but the wax will pretty much just pass through, and wild rats eat through rope, eat plaster - their digestive tracts are much sturdier than you might think!

What is your rat's name? Just curious!
    I've Been Frosted