Thread: New neighbor!!!!!!!

New neighbor!!!!!!!

We have a new neighbor!! Last night, I had Sunny and a neighbors chocolate lab with me and we were visiting a house with 2 black labs. The dogs were playing in the yard. Then they all 4 ran to the woods. I went to get them and saw Mama Bear standing there. I yelled "Bear" and ran...luckily 3 of the dogs ran with me. The oldest (and deaf) dog stayed and barked at her until her dad came and pulled her away. Country Living.......yikes!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bear5.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	58149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bear4.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	58150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bear3.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	58151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bear2.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	58152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bear.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	58153  

Obviously they all thought there was another black lab. I am glad it all went well...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Obviously they all thought there was another black lab. I am glad it all went well...
    Haha...I never thought of that

Wow, that's a big one! Probably just looking for some food. Glad nothing happened, but I suppose a dog can run faster than a bear?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Good dog, Sunny to run with Mama! Thanks for the pictures, and we are glad everyone stayed safe - dogs, bear and humans!
    I've Been Frosted

Bears are such amazing creatures, but definitely from a distance! Glad everyone came out of the little meet and greet unharmed.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

YIKES! Nice neighbor...from a distance!

When I visited my cousin in Montana, she had let her two big pit mixes off leash to run in the yard, so I let Jasper off too, and she told me I should keep him leashed because "The mountain lions around here like to eat small dogs" 0.0

Jasper was bummed that he had to watch his buddies play while he sat with me, but he was safe!

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    YIKES! Nice neighbor...from a distance!

When I visited my cousin in Montana, she had let her two big pit mixes off leash to run in the yard, so I let Jasper off too, and she told me I should keep him leashed because "The mountain lions around here like to eat small dogs" 0.0

Jasper was bummed that he had to watch his buddies play while he sat with me, but he was safe!
    Yikes! Glad you kept him safe <3

We have bears on a regular basis in our pastures. They never seem to want much to do with us. And since our snow disappeared we have a few deer that make themselves at home... they come up to the dog yard and graze, we can go out and all they do is stare then go back to munching the little bit of grass that is finally growing. They will go right up to the barn where there is always more growth or beside our garage. I think with humans building and encroaching on wild animal territory they 've decided to share
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----