Thread: Older kitties need new home after husband cheats :-(

Older kitties need new home after husband cheats :-(

Hello all! I don't normally post things like this, but I had a friend personally email me about what happened with her sister that I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and help get the word out. What happened was, my friend's sister just delivered a baby on March 7 and then found out one week later that her husband was cheating on her. Nice, huh? She moved in with her parents and my friend has been caring for her kitties ever since. She'd love to keep them all, but that puts her over her cat limit. She has 3 of her own and her sister had 3 and it's just too much for her to handle right now. She said her limit would be 4, so that means she would need to re-home at least 2 of the kitties if not all three.

Here are some details about the kitties (pictures also attached):
    • Parker is a black 6 year old male
    • Sam is a 10 year old orange and white female
    • Lexi is a 13 year old black female

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parker.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	58161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lexi.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	58160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sam.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	58162

My friend said they are all in good health and very sweet. They get along with her other cats just fine, so she's not concerned about them going to homes with other cats. They are declawed though, so would need to be indoor pets. These cats are located in Indiana, but my friend is even willing to road trip the cats to their new homes since she just wants them to go to good homes with someone to love them.

Please let me know if there is any interest so I can connect you with my friend to work out the details and thanks!

Oh, dear, what a sad time, both for the lady with the baby and her kitties! I hope they find homes! Tell folks what area you are in, so they know who they might be near, please!
    I've Been Frosted

They are currently in Columbus, IN (30 mins south of Indianapolis) but she's willing to transport the kitties to a good home.

*bump* Can anybody help? My parents did take one, but they couldn't take all three. Owner willing to transport them herself - so out of state is fine.

That's good your parents were able to take one! Does she have a church she knows that might know of a lonely senior member who could use a friend?
    I've Been Frosted

There is a good no kill Shelter in Indianapolis called Cats Haven. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cats-...12529925441966 You can reach them through
    their Facebook page or get more info on them through their website https://www.catshaven.org.

I know they have a very excellent reputation & will do every thing possible to help if they are able. Sorry that I don't know any specific person
    who might want to adopt right now.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, thanks for this link! I'll forward it along to my friend so she'll at least have options. I know she didn't want to give them up to a shelter, but it may come to that if we can't find someone willing to take at least one of the remaining 2 kitties.

Cats Haven is not like some Shelters. You can take a tour with Charlie, one of the shelter's cats.

http://vimeo.com/94488339
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt