Thread: WONDERFUL UPDATE ON PIXIE, the older kitty-cat in Blooomfield NJ who needed a lot of support!

WONDERFUL UPDATE ON PIXIE, the older kitty-cat in Blooomfield NJ who needed a lot of support!

I posted about Pixie in January (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...s-medical-care) ... the 13-year-old cat in Bloomfield, NJ who was in dire need of rescue and medical care.

Now she is doing just great! Here is a new photo of her:
    Name:  Pixie.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  75.2 KB

And here is the update:
    ----------------------------->

Hello Pixie fans!

Back in January, I took in Pixie, 13 years old , neglected and with quite a few health issues. The good news is that her thyroid is NORMAL- the meds are working! She's had a mouth infection on and off, which causes a UTI; got her tested for Bartinella and waiting for results ( sometimes Bartinella presents as Stomatitis in the mouth) The good side to that is that if she has Bartinella, it is easily treated with Zithromax ( yup- the same stuff we take for infections= otherwise knows as a "Z pack" for us).

She has so much energy now that she really does not want to be held up in her private TV room anymore; although she has become quite the AMerican Idol fan; she and my husband hang out for their pop-culture fix together. We pretty much fell in love with this feisty old lady, so we are keeping her! We LOVE how spunky she is, how she runs out of her room with these super skinny legs to screech at the other critters...and even the big Alpha girl who bullies everyone else RUNS like mad, away from her. So, needless to say, "she gets along with other cats".

Anyway, I've learned a lot about how to be tenacious about life from Pixie. She's definitely gonna grab the time she has left by the...by the horns and live like the Diva she really is!

Thank you again for all of your support and good vibes to this kitty and ALL the kitties and critters who need you.

Best,

Anne

Anne Becker Schwartzberg
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a pretty girl, and a happy tale! Thanks for sharing!
    I've Been Frosted

You're welcome, Karen. I was so glad to get this news!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

What a lovely ending for Pixie, so nice to hear she is well and happy. Well done.
    ZACK MY BIG BEAR.

Good News

This is really a good news for you. She is fine, pretty and healthier now. Keep her in good hands so that she will be safe for future diseases.

Thank you, liamajhons. I'm just the messenger here, but I think she is in excellent hands and will be safe always!

Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Thank you, liamajhons. I'm just the messenger here, but I think she is in excellent hands and will be safe always!

Your welcome :-)