First off, yes, everyone is alive and well.

Let's just say that this week has been the worst worst worst week for me and continues to get worse. First, the rail fell off our front porch. The next day our AC fan stopped working. The following day we come home to find our patio table mysteriously shattered, and later that night Nova (our 7 month old pup) started coughing which got progressively worse throughout the night (and kept me up all night), which leads me to my Wednesday... Nova was diagnosed with Kennel Cough. Ok... manageable, get her started on meds and cough meds for bed time and she'll be fine.

Then today I almost make it to the end of my shift at work when I get an "emergency" phone call from my boyfriend, who is frantic on the phone. Somehow my bad dog Jamie opened up a tupperware container (the ones with the 4 locking sides that even I have trouble popping open sometimes) and ate somewhere between 10-15oz of dark chocolate. So... I tell him to run her right up, thinking we'll just induce vomiting and be done with it.

Nope.

She shows up and is displaying clinical signs of toxicity. Tachycardic, VERY hyperactive (she could NOT sit still!!), and shaking. We attempted to induce vomiting SEVERAL times but that girl is so stubborn it took her nearly 40 minutes before she gave in.

After some injectable meds, IV catheter, and activated charcoal the dr shipped us off to the emergency clinic for overnight monitoring and IV fluids to flush her out. Which is where she is currently.

I swear. I need a break.

PS enjoy this picture that my BF took of us giving her the activated charcoal. As you can see, she didn't make it easy on us, LOL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jamie-sigh.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	58125