Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boris, 12yrs old,has passed away today, June 16, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Rest in peace my Bor-Bors.... I loved you so much.
    (((HUGS))), Jenn. I am so sorry to learn this news.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Jenn, I'm so very sorry for your loss of Boris. You did everything you could to help him.

Rest in peace, dear Boris - and play hard at the RB with your new friends.

Sending big (((hugs)))

I hope you'll get a good job soon. Good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

You have not failed Boris, Jenn.
    Sadly like we humans our Cats go at different times.We have had Benjamin James , Almond Rocca , Precious and Pouncer pass on before they were 12, and it is so hard not to wonder what I did wrong.
    But My Vet said that most of the time if they pass on in a good home enviroment, that sadly it was their destiny.
    We are sending prayers for you and now Boris now has her wings of Silver and Gold and will now join Our Awesome Eternal Pets and Companion Angels in Geneva Switzerland.
    Please be comforted by the fact that you will be together in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I missed this original thread earlier this month. So sorry.

Jenn, you did anything and everything you possibly could for Boris. Please do not feel like you did any less. She is all better now and not in pain.

RIP Boris girl
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry to read about Boris You did what you could do and she wasn't sick for very long. She is now happy and healthy at the RB and is waiting for the day when the two of you will be reunited.

Jenn, I am so very sorry. You gave your dear Bor-Bors the most wonderful life, full of love and warmth and safety and good food. You did everything you could when she developed all these health problems, and so did your vets. There was only so much you could do, and she slipped away.

This was her destiny, to go at this time. Now she is whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, a glorious Angel, and she sends down her love to you. She is with so many other dear friends of us all at the Bridge, and she will welcome you Home.. One Fine Day, as Gary puts it so well.

Remember, love is eternal, and you and Boris are together always. May your precious memories and your souvenirs help to bring you comfort.

Dearest Boris, please send some purrs to Jenn's heart to tell her you are well and remind her you are with her.

God bless, and from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

So sorry for your loss Jenn. Please don't be too hard on yourself in thinking you failed Boris. I know the feeling all too well. Especially last year after my beloved Copernicus passed away, I had the same feelings, wondering if I could have done more, why I wasn't able to notice a problem earlier, etc. Unfortunately, cats are often good at hiding illness and by time we recognize there is something wrong, they are very, very ill and despite our best efforts, we just can't save them.

You did the best you could for Bors-Bors and most important, you loved her so much and she knew that. I know how much the loss hurts. It seems our fur babies take a piece of our heart when they go to the Rainbow Bridge and that leaves such an aching emptiness. But the love you shared with Boris will keep you both connected across all time, until you meet again someday. Until then, know that she is at peace, no longer sick or hurting and that she is in the company of many fine and wonderful fur angels. My Copernicus is one of them, along with his brothers Grimaldi and Kepler.

Sending loving thoughts and gentle hugs and prayers for you and Boris.
    Last edited by MoonKitties; 06-17-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks to all....

Thank you all for your kind words. It was hard to focus on my new start in a new career path (going back to school for Pharmacy Technician), focusing on class, and not just bursting out crying at the same time. She was a good girl. Not perfect, but no one is. She was the Queen since Finae passed about 3-4 years ago. She was dedicated to her position, lol. I just can't get that last image of her out of my head. It's so hard. She wasn't the same Boris that I had known for 12 years. She is now buried up on my parents' land with all of our other family pets, and we will be buried there as well. I can't imagine not being without them all when the time comes. We have a large farm, so this is able to be done. I promised my parents I would do that for them, and I want it done for me.

I keep saying no more fosters or adoptions, but I added on a few months back, now I'm down to 6 again. Only one girl left, my old lady Sophie. Hope she stays with me for a long time to come.

Beautiful Boris

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand how finances can affect what you do with regards to health care. I am still kicking myself for not proceeding with a surgery when a tumor burst in my cat's bowel. The vet said it was 50-50 chance and I decided based on lack of money to let him go over the Rainbow Bridge. You did all you could for little Borris and she knows that. It's hard I know at this time as your emotions and sorrow are in overdrive. Try to remember the good times and the fact that you gave Borris a loving home and did everything you could to keep her happy and healthy. She is watching over you now and will be with you in spirit forever.

I'm so sorry about precious Boris. You did the best you could.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am so sorry for your loss (and for missing this for so many days).

You most definitely did NOT fail her. 12 is a great life for a cat. And being loved is more important than living to a "ripe old age".

Cats are notorious for hiding the severity of their illnesses.

(((((HUGS)))))

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Boris. Please take care. (((HUGS)))