Thread: Kitten bath time!

Kitten bath time!

Yesterday when I got up the kittens' kennel was STINKY. I took everything out, washed all the blankets, scrubbed the inside of the kennel, and cleaned out their litterbox. An hour later, it still stank, and I realized that it was the kittens themselves! They're at the lovely stage in development where eating involves a lot of walking in the food, and learning to use the litterbox involves a lot of walking through that stuff, too. Sooo....bathtime!

I got the sink running with lukewarm water, and scrubbed them up with some unscented dish soap. Jellybean jumped and hissed at me a couple of times, but then seemed resigned to her fate. Rocket was just....sad about the whole procedure. Once they were dry I warmed up their heating disc and gave them some fresh food so they could get dirty all over again!

These guys will be ready to move in to a new foster home in probably 2-3 more days. So bittersweet. I'm going to miss them, but I'll get a new batch of bottle babies.

Jellybean is not amused.

Rocket says "Why....just....why???"

Mostly dry and ready for some food!

AWWWWWWW! How sweet! And how sweet that they are your foster babies!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

They're so adorable! I bet you smell yummy now, kittens!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

They look so sleek and shiny in the "after" pic! Love that baby kitty fur!

They look so sweet in the after photos. Looks like daggers are coming from Rockets' eyes though in the bath photo. LOL ... totally not amused.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    They look so sweet in the after photos. Looks like daggers are coming from Rockets' eyes though in the bath photo. LOL ... totally not amused.
    Haha, yes! Jellybean gave her first-ever hiss when she got wet too!

Aww, wet kittens. I bet they smell a lot better!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb