Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear Pet Talk people, old and new

I've read where some people report they only look at cat topics, for example.
    Not me. I start with "Today's Posts" and read down the list. I usually open all of them. And I check back to PT two or three times daily.

Freckles, I too start with Today's Posts and just scroll down - so much easier. You can always skip what doesn't interest you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

TopCat, glad you stopped in, we do understand how busy life can get sometimes. We are glad to hear from you, and hope you will keep checking in now that you remember we are here!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    TopCat, glad you stopped in, we do understand how busy life can get sometimes. We are glad to hear from you, and hope you will keep checking in now that you remember we are here!
    You're welcome, nice to be back. Xxx
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

I love the original

Dear Karen,
    I come to Pet of the Day every day, never miss one. Recently I found you on FB and did like your page. I have no idea how to make this better, I suppose social media will let more people know about it, you could try some of the "pages" devoted to animals and see if them liking your page would bring more people. The two that come to my mind are "cat addicts" and "the hearts of the crazy cat people" they have a lot of followers. People come and people go, I love this site and I love the changes you have made over the years, my cat was Cat of the day back in 2010, Oct. 30, but I have been coming here since 2008. I have no real advice just honest praise for you.

Blog Entries

pet of the day

hello.. I am here almost everyday and over half my visits here I read pet talk.. I have facebook but not really a facebook fan. I view it a lot as I am not really a poster. please keep pet talk here in its originality here as it is .. ii have no twitter account or yahoo , i have google but for a google group about statrek. have youtube but nothing posted by me(susscan) . I visit ebay frequently . every morning I come here to see todays pets and check out pet talk. then read news. please don't dump this site in favour of facebook. maybe I should post more.. I will give it some thought. 20140509.0950
    i have been frosted by freedom

http://www.issop.com/cats/

I haven't been here that long but I love this forum, people are so helpful and NICE, I cannot stand facebook etc and would like PT to stay the same.
    ZACK MY BIG BEAR.

I'll try to pop in more often

Hi,

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to answer your email. This is part of the problem that prevents me from coming in as much as I would like. I'm so swamped usually with work that I don't seem to find time to do the other things I enjoy.

I'll make it a point now though, to pop in more often. This is a lovely site. Like what others have said, I detest Facebook, too. I keep joining, then remember why I hate it, and quit again. I'd much rather be with pet people.

Karen, please don't change anything about this site. First thing I do in the morning is reading the Pet Talk while I am having my first cup of coffee.
    People in th forum are very friendly and I feel very comfortable asking questions or requesting for purrayers. I do have a facebook account but I am not active in it.

Hello, I just read this entire thread. For me, I like PT the way it is. I usually check out the cat, dog, pet of the dog, etc and read comments and topics. Often I post a comment but not always, not if I don't have anything to add. I particularly like little dogs on DOTD and I comment on them and often comment on COTD. PT has been helpful to me when I had a health question re my pets.

I didn't even know you were on Facebook. I'm a member but I rarely go to FB anymore as it consumes too much time. IF I hear an ad that says, check us out on FB, then I might go there but I do not accept friends there. Back to PT, I like it so much more than FB. One of the first sites I go to each morning is PT and look at the pets; it's part of my routine. I sure hope PT stays around. Thanks for all your hard work. ... Kay in NC

Its been some time since I've been here too. Life got in the way for a while then when i came back it just wasn't as active so i think that is why I'm not here very often.
    personally i love a forum much better than FB so i definately wouldn't participate on facebook. i find the groups confusing and frustrating .

i love this firum and promise ti try and participate more.

just recently i discoved an app for iphone called tapatalk that i keep up with my other forums on. i have had computer problems and can't see pictures at work they are blocked and it tends to be difficult browsing a forum on an ipad or iphone. granted it pretty easy now but with tapatalk all the forums i follow show up to remind me to check in.

thanks for all you do for the forum. i do like keeping up with the animal folk.

Glad to hear from you! How are you and your furry ones?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Glad to hear from you! How are you and your furry ones?
    We've had a few go to the rainbow bridge since I've been gone. added a couple to our family also. Us caretakers are doing well. thankd so much for asking.

I forgot all about replying to this. I'm on here everyday. I miss that Pet Talk isn't as active and so many members no longer visit.

I wouldn't change a thing. Pet Talk is that peaceful 'home' to come to after the rush of going through the newsfeed on FB and the drama there.

I've met so many nice people here!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Pearl View Post
    We've had a few go to the rainbow bridge since I've been gone. added a couple to our family also. Us caretakers are doing well. thankd so much for asking.
    Aww, do update us in Dog general, Cat general ... as is applicable!
    I've Been Frosted