Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tall? Short? What do you think .... regarding humans

I'm a shorty at 5ft 2", my son is 5ft 8',his dad was 6 ft 1, I consider him average,my girl is 5ft 4 ,so both average.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Not necessarily - many in the guard position are shorter - some even under 6'.
    LOL, he will be happy to hear that. Though he loves baseball, too. To be young, with all these 'options'. LOL. As long as he finishes his four years somewhere, he can dream all he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z View Post
    Have any of you ever seen this UK advert? Sums up my view frighteningly well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww-HCl6wQ0s
    Hadn't seen it, but that's a cute one!
    I've Been Frosted

I never liked short men, as long as they are a few inches taller than me, it's fine. I am only 5'3". I prefer a man of at least 5'9". My X-husband was 6ft.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I'm just over 5'1. I like being short. I have always considered guys 5'9 or under to be short. I have one brother who is 6', and one who is 5'3. My mom is 5'4, my dad was just under 6'. We have always assumed my short brother is short because he was sick with leukemia from 5-10 years of age. My husband is just under 5'11, and he's one of the shortest men I have ever been with. Most have been 6' or more, the tallest being 6'7. I did date a guy who was 5'2, and I really didn't like it at all! My son is only four months old at this point, but he's measuring tall at just over 26 inches. So is my daughter. She'll be 5 in August, and is almost 4 feet tall.

Genetics are wild! We have a dark skinned brunette daughter with brown eyes, and our son is looking to be redheaded, and he's pale complected with blue eyes.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I'm 5'3" (ish) so I get towered over a lot, especially by guys. I do love having a tall guy around, though, mostly because I have short dinosaur arms and I can't reach the top shelf.

I admit to being a bit weirded out by a guy who is shorter than I am but that's because I'm so used to being the shortest person in a room.

Hey Finns mom long time no see.great you are still here.

I have always liked tall men to, married to a 6 ft 1 However I was once engaged to a 5ft 3inch guy,just imagine how short our kids would have been,oh well I got the averages.

Yeah I don't mind being short ,my sister is 5 6. but I'm ok with being the little one like my mum.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    Genetics are wild! We have a dark skinned brunette daughter with brown eyes, and our son is looking to be redheaded, and he's pale complected with blue eyes.
    Aren't they? It is so fun to see how they play out! Spotting the "Smith hands" on the newest baby cousin in the family (Ma was a Smith) made me grin! And I bet your son will be jealous that Clara doesn't need as much sunscreen as he does, when he's old enough to notice such things!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I honestly like being short. The only issue I've ever really had with that, is when buying slacks or jeans, They were always too long and had to be hemmed. It's much easier now tho, since it's much easier than it used to be, to find clothes made for petites. Now if they would only make more petites in age appropriate styles, and not cater to the much younger crowd. I wear petites, but not jeans with ragged holes already in them, or the waistline so far down on your hips that they practically fall off, or the ""skinny jeans" and skin tight leggins. Give us "older" petites a break, please.....20 years old I am not!
    Yes, I can truly relate to what you're saying Pom. I'm 5'3 an most of the petite sizes fit right on BUT.....like you it would be nice to find age appropriate clothes. Those skinny jeans drive me nuts as the so called dressy slacks. I don't mind the waist sitting a bit below the waist since I like those wide belts, have a closet full of those. As for tops that bare everything I can do without, especially when they scoop almost at the navel . I guess younger people buy more than we do so the stores cater to them. The only real shop I find decent clothes is TanJay...I've always loved their clothes and always will as long as they don't do a turn around.
    I had such a hard time finding decent slacks this winter so I had an idea....went to my tack shop and bought riding pants....they fit really well and are made well... almost choked laughing from all the compliments I got, but they did fit nicely with those high boots. No one would believe they were riding pants, I bought the ones without the suede patch on the knees.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I come from a fairly tall family, so I regard any man under 5"10 as pretty short. I'm tall (almost 5'9", my brother is 6'1", my dad was 6', my mom was 5'7 1/2", and my sister (the midget as we call her) is only 5'6". I love being tall (you carry weight real well ) and I prefer my men to be over 6'. My ex husband was 6'3", and my late fiance was 6'1". So, yeah, to me,short is under 5'10' for men and 5'6" for women. I think a lot of what we consider short or tall comes from our family background.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I'm just about 6' and my boyfriend is 6'7 :/ So I would say 5'8 is short

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sowa View Post
    I'm just about 6' and my boyfriend is 6'7 :/ So I would say 5'8 is short
    Gee, I would feel short around you two! It so depends on what one is used to, I guess!
    I've Been Frosted

It really depends what country you are from,in NZ the average height for a male is 5ft 8 to 5 ft 9 so I certainly wouldn't see that as being short.

For example it's only 5 ft 7 in Thailand and Bolivia 5ft 3 and Croatia is 5ft 11 and amazingly in Montenegro it is 6 ft the average.
    Furangels only lent.

I'm 4 ft 9 inches. Everyone over that seems tall to me!!! (I might even be shorter now. I was 4 ft 11 in high school!!! I seem to be disappearing!!! )
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The runts in my family were all inder 5 foot 9.

My mom was 4' 11", my dad was 5/9.

When I graduated from high school I was about 5/8.........

--------------

I like being tall, but it sucks riding around in some cars.

-------

I hate clothes shopping because I am in the 'extra' sizes, I pay more for my clothes - if I want to find dress clothes?
    I have to shop via catalog.

I have a problem with pants - I have to wear them like a plumber. If I pull them up?

The undercarriage get strangled.

-----

This past year I bought a pair of Grandpa Jeans and while they fit and are way more comfortable?

They have a zipper on the fly.....I hadn't owned a pair of jeans with a zipper since I was in junior high?