Hi everyone,

Emily is in dire need for a foster for her two cats until she can find a place to live. Please read her story below, and contact her at [email protected] or 408-417-7434 if you can help.

Carley

---------------
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00301.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	58113 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00311.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	58114

Date: Sat, May 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Subject: Help!

Hi, first off I don't live in Oakland I am in San Jose. I've been living with a boyfriend of 11 years and we have 2 cats. He works and I have been a stay at home person. We are calling it quits and we have to be out of our place in 2 weeks. In that time I need to find a job and a place to go. I can deal with my own self I would be fine sleeping on a bench somewhere although I hope it doesn't come to that.

He is not interested in taking our cats. They are my children I could no more abandon them than I could abandon a child. I don't even have a car to keep them in. I am at wits end with what to do about them.

I need to find a foster home for them till I have a place to go to bring them to. I am determined to find a place for all of us but in the immediate future I just don't know what to do. I have answered ads on craigslist for someone who will exchange care giving for a room somewhere and I let them know I have the cats but this has all been very sudden. I found out we need to move less than a week ago and only today that I will be on my own.

I hope you know of some place I can leave them for a month or so. I'm desperate, I have no family to take them and over the years have become isolated so embarrassingly have to admit I have no friends, no one I can ask to help me.

I can pay a little for their care. He is giving me 200.00 and I will give it all to someone who can care for them temporarily.

My name is Emily, my cats are a 12 year old huge long haired black cat named Little Boy who is more like a cat-skinned rug than anything, he is affectionate to everyone in the world but his sister who is a 4 year old short haired Russian gray named Peanut . He was a feral baby I adopted when he was a kitten running wild in our neighborhood and she was a friend;s cat who died of cancer 2 years ago. She is a bit harder to get to know but has become the most affectionate little girl with my boyfriend and I. She is very lively, vocal coming and reporting in periodically & in fact she has been trying to help me type this email.

The thought of surrendering them to a shelter scares me to death. He is older and she is not always friendly to strangers both seem to hide out when company comes over. I know what would happen to them alone and frightened in a cage till they needed room for a younger and cuter version of them.

I can be reached through this email but I would prefer to be contacted through my cell phone because I am trying to pack up. My number is 408-417-7434.

I love them and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out whats to do. This break up of my little family is tearing me up so I am trying to find a solution I can live with until I reach my goal of living with my kids again.

Thanks for your consideration,

Emily LoVette