Thread: Drunk kitty

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Drunk kitty

My little girl Princess Leia is so funny...............she's on a drunk!!! She got spayed today, and is still so loopy that she's having a hard time staying up on those 4 little feet. They told me at the clinic to keep her isolated at least for tonight, and I had already planned to do that anyway, and maybe for tomorrow too, since the other hellions might be too much for her. So I brought her in the house and set up quarters for her in my bathroom. I got the small litter box, and some water and a little bit of food and put it in there, then I brought her in, still in her little carrier, set it on the floor and opened the door to let her come out on her own. Then the funny began. She stepped out and tripped and fell over the lip on the edge of the box, got up and was swaying back and forth and trying so hard to stay on her feet. Of course bad Mommy was laughing at her - so not nice of me. Then she staggers over to the food and water and falls down in front of the dishes, gets up and decides she needs to use the litter box first before she eats, so stumbles the few steps to that - gets in and is just getting in position for a nice pee - and falls over again. Poor baby - she's looking at me like she's thinking - "what the bleep-bleep-bleep is going on with me", and I'm REALLY trying very hard not to laugh at her. So I decided to leave her alone to get some rest and sleep off her little drunk. I poked my head in there a few minutes ago, and she's doing a little better - even tried to escape from the confines of just one room, but I foiled that attempt. I put Wolfy's carrier in there for her and she went in and laid down and went back to sleep. All the kittens like Wolfy's "house". I keep it in my bedroom and leave the door to it open since Wolfy loves to go in there for his own private time, but the kittens join him in there too. It's cute to see them in there with him.

So I'm hoping my little patient will be feeling better by morning - and not have too much of a hangover. I have pain medicine for her for the next three days, so that should keep her comfortable and quiet too. She must wonder what on earth happened to her.

Watch out Luke - you're next in line to visit that bad place that puts a hurtin' on ya'!!! And last, but not least, Harley will make the trip too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

LOL! This story made me laugh out loud! I needed that! Thank you!

Hope she sleeps it off and feels better in the am. She may be "ashamed" of her behavior and probably won't look you in the eyes for a few days, poor thing!

I hope you're feeling better this morning Princess Leia! The bad thing about kitties being 'drunk' after a procedure is , unlike dogs,
    they jump up high on things and my fall! I'm sure she's safe in the bathroom and will be ready to go today!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Leia is doing just great today. She was back to her (almost) normal self this morning. I let her out of Wolfy's house and she went right over and used the litter box, and had something to eat and drink, and was more than ready to leave the confines of the bathroom and get back out with the rest of the gang,. She took her medicine like a trooper - pretty easy for me too, since it was liquid and in pre-measured syringes. I thought it might make her a little sleepy and had planned to leave her by herself at least until this afternoon, but she wouldn't hear of it, and scampered out of the bathroom, so I let her stay out. All the critters have checked her out and are not bothering her, and she has spent most of the day sitting in the dining room window, watching the birds and bugs and enjoying the fresh air.

Aren't animals amazing????? They have major surgery and are bouncing around in less than a day as though nothing happened. Wish us wussy humans knew their secret.

And Wolfy is absolutely THRILLED to have his house back, and he keeps running into the bedroom and getting in for a few minutes. Guess he wants to make sure that it's really back to stay. For the past week I had been putting Leia in it at night, since she appeared to be going into heat and I didn't want the boys after her. I could keep an eye on them during the day, but not at night.............
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

That's good, glad everyone is back to almost normal!
    I've Been Frosted

What a great story! Things are just about back to normal again in the Pomtzu household, and Princess Leia, you are a WOMAN now!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Aw, she was SO hungry, she needed something in her belly so she could comfortably sleep it off.

Did she have the incision on the side, or underneath? You don't want her jumping about and having the stitches open - ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Did she have the incision on the side, or underneath? You don't want her jumping about and having the stitches open - ugh!
    Her incision is underneath, and she hasn't bothered it at all. They used the dissolvable stitches, so you can hardly see the incision. They do something kinda neat on the females too - they put a little blue dot tattoo on her belly, so that if she would ever end up in a shelter or rescue, then they would know she has been spayed - but of course that would never happen unless she escaped and was found and turned in. Must be something new - or at least something I had never heard of before. Darn good idea.

She's doing great - active, but not over active, so obviously she took all of this in stride.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I remember when they sent My Mister Purr , My Dream Cat back from the Vets a bit soon as he was staggering around the Hotel like Otis the Drunk!!
    I wanted him to relax , but he had to make sure that he was really home!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so glad Princess Leia got through her operation and is doing good.

You said
    All the kittens like Wolfy's "house". I keep it in my bedroom and leave the door to it open since Wolfy loves to go in there for his own private time, but the kittens join him in there too. It's cute to see them in there with him.

I want to see photos of all your fur babies, PLEEZE.

Wow, our patients can all "walk" out of the clinic. Granted, they may still be woozy, but we try to make sure they're all pretty steady on their feet first.

Definitely keep that little girl isolated for a few days, if for nothing else than just to keep her calm hehe. Even with dissolvable stitches, they still need a period of exercise restriction.

I must admit, though, I DO love seeing "drunk" cats and dogs while they're waking up... well, only if they're having a "good" high... can be sad if they're having a "bad" high.

facebook

Feel better soon, sweet Princess Leia!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678