Thread: Protecting/waterproofing smartphone

Protecting/waterproofing smartphone

Hi everyone.

Now that my Android phone is all better, what's the best case to put it in to prevent screen cracks and water damage?

I know I can get an actual case but I don't know much about them.

Or is there something you use for yours that isn't an "official" case but works really well?

Thanks!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yup! We just buy the "snack size" ziplock bags, and carry them around in one of those. I take it out to use it, but it is inexpensive, waterproof, and clear!
    I've Been Frosted

3. I suggest looking at YouTube rating videos about Smartphone cases to help you decide what case to get or not.

thats what i did when i was in search of a case for my iPad an ended up getting one of those smart case thingies that turns on/off my iPad depending on which way i move the cover of the case. the case isnt the best for protecting my iPad,, nor is it waterproof but at home i dont worry about it. im careful with it an if my nephew comes over i hide my iPad

Thank you both!

Vette, I completely understand why you hide your iPad....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I just recently got a Samsung S5 which is waterproof and dust proof. I needed a case quickly and I wanted it to be purple. I ended up buying a Candyshell case which is soft on the inside and hard on the outside. It's supposed to protect it when you drop it by cushioning the phone. The man said this brand is one of their top sellers. It was the only purple, really more of a lavender color, case that they had. I also wanted a case that didn't make the phone more bulky and this one doesn't. Good luck.