Thread: Union City, GA: KUDOS to Shell station owner and staff-- CATS need homes!! Socialized and will have shots and exams!

Union City, GA: KUDOS to Shell station owner and staff-- CATS need homes!! Socialized and will have shots and exams!

The Shell gas station next to the I-85 exit on Route 138 in Union City, GA, has assisted immeasurably in the care, socialization and eventual rescue of a resident colony of semi-feral cats over many months!! They were totally supportive of efforts to feed and socialize the critters, and catch them- and now we have SEVERAL ready to adopt and a few more on the way! 3 "kittens" (maybe 5 months now) - very social and friendly, a beautiful brown/black spotted/striped tabby named Taz, an all-black female named Shelly (for the station), and a mixed grey tabby and white male (Junior) - plus two approx. 1-year-old adolescents, Bibs (brown tabby with white "bib" and paws/legs) and Penelope (mostly white with black and grey-tabby patches), already neutered and REALLY friendly and purry and affectionate-- all 5 up-to-date on shots and ready to go, Rabies certs and all- comment here if interested, I'll supply pics on request, they're all GREAT cats, FIV/FeLV negative, really cute, healthy and energetic- and, yes, we have WAY too many already or I'd keep several for ourselves!

Bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Many, many thanks to those gas station people! And may the kitties all find wonderful homes.

God bless the Shell station owner and staff, and God bless the kitties, and God bless you for all your work to help them!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by bowlkat View Post
    The Shell gas station next to the I-85 exit on Route 138 in Union City, GA, has assisted immeasurably in the care, socialization and eventual rescue of a resident colony of semi-feral cats over many months!! They were totally supportive of efforts to feed and socialize the critters, and catch them- and now we have SEVERAL ready to adopt and a few more on the way! 3 "kittens" (maybe 5 months now) - very social and friendly, a beautiful brown/black spotted/striped tabby named Taz, an all-black female named Shelly (for the station), and a mixed grey tabby and white male (Junior) - plus two approx. 1-year-old adolescents, Bibs (brown tabby with white "bib" and paws/legs) and Penelope (mostly white with black and grey-tabby patches), already neutered and REALLY friendly and purry and affectionate-- all 5 up-to-date on shots and ready to go, Rabies certs and all- comment here if interested, I'll supply pics on request, they're all GREAT cats, FIV/FeLV negative, really cute, healthy and energetic- and, yes, we have WAY too many already or I'd keep several for ourselves!

Bowlkat
    Hey, maybe you should print out flyers the station folks can hand people with their receipts when they buy gas! Just a thought!
    I've Been Frosted

What a good idea, Karen!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Shell Station Cats, Union City, GA- UPDATE

We have now caught ALL the cats at the Shell station except for a couple of roving males who are REALLY unsocial-- we caught the last Momma-cat and her two most recent kittens (about 4-5 months old)- and the Momma-cat, as we kind of expected, repaid our kindness and our providing her with a safe, comfortable room to stay in, by HAVING FOUR KITTENS........ so our numbers have now increased by EIGHT! There will be a very friendly all-black male (Magic) and an only-slightly-less-friendly white with grey-tabby patches (not named yet), all ready for adoption as soon as they're fixed and immunized (within 2 weeks)- and then, some 7-8 weeks down the road, a fixed female cat and four lovely kittens!!
    The posters/handout idea is EXCELLENT- and we will do that! We know we aren't the only ones who were feeding these cats- maybe some other Samaritan would like one or two for keeps? We can sure find out!
    THANKS
    Bowkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Thank you to you and the gas station for helping these cats and get them fixed, too - how wonderful! I too think it's a good idea to put up posters of them, and if you could get some pictures of them all, even better.

I hope they all find loving homes - good luck!

Please keep us updated.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.