Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Freya!

I hope things are going better with lovely Freya!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Still no cat It's over 1 week now and she's still hiding. She uses the beds I have in the cat room (there's telltale clumps of grey fur lining them all now), but I know as soon as she hears me turn the door knob, she jumps down and hides. I'm getting quite discouraged since the idea was for me to have a companion for Phinehas and another playmate for Sylvia. At this rate, I don't know if that will even be possible and maybe we made the wrong decision? I thought I had asked all the right questions of her cat meowmie and gave details about what I was looking for in terms of a new kitty and she thought it would work out. I feel like a failure on this one so far - I haven't dealt with a cat like this before. All of my kitties have been friendly and have never hidden from me, so I don't know what else I can do. I still go in several times a day to read her some chapters from a book so she can at least get used to my voice. I also leave treats but don't know what else there is to do. I am giving it another week, but if she doesn't come out, I feel like maybe I should email her original meowmie again to see what she thinks and maybe it wasn't the right fit. I feel bad about that, but it just seems her personality isn't a very social one.

I just had to update everyone that Freya is coming out of her shell and getting more comfortable with us. I'm learning more about her purrsonality as she is about ours. I'm so so happy she's finally opening up to us! She's coming out more and developing her "favorite spots". She even slept on the bed with me and Phinehas the other night!
    She is so incredibly silky soft! It took awhile, but so glad that effort has paid off! Here is the princess looking more relaxed on her favorite couch...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	favorite spot.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	58237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prettyprincess.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	58238

Freya is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

She is absolutely stunning! I am so glad she is settling down and letting herself be loved on.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Freya! Not only are you stunningly gorgeous, you look so much more relaxed and content in your Furrrever HOME!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Awww! Good to see her so relaxed and comfortable enough to be doing "up periscope" and looking around instead of being scared and hiding!

I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Freya is hopelessly beautiful!

This is wonderful news!!! She looks so beautiful. I'm so glad that you didn't give up on her. I hope things will continue to go well.

I'm glad she is coming out of her shell. She is still stunningly beautiful.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Hello, gorgeous Freya! What a silky, beautiful coat you have and those amazing green eyes!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Her expression is so much softer than her first picture.

she's so pretty!! I'm glad you persevered! well worth it!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Thanks all! It was definitely worth it! She really is a very sweet and soft kitty! She's a jumper for sure, which I know hubby isn't too thrilled about - but it's all in a cats nature. I'm so glad she's more at ease now. Phinehas and Freya are so cute together! They aren't cuddlers, but maybe in time they will be. I do catch them playing together, which is great!

Oh, what good news, in such a lovely story altogether!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery