Sat, Apr 26 2014
I posted this diarrhea/food question in Cat General & got a few responses which I appreciate. However, I'd like more feedback please.

Here's my kitten food question. George has soft stool and sometimes full diarrhea. What is a good dry kitten food? good canned food? I'm thinking Grain Free & perhaps Blue Buffalo Wilderness or Evo or Wellness. Yes, I added his new food with old food very slowly but when I think back, his bm was never really formed when I first got him.

When I got George he was on some kind of dry CAT food (not kitten I think) & I have/had been gradually giving him Purina Kitten mixed with his old food. Ever since I got him, his stools have been very soft & sometimes diarrhea. Often I cannot tell the urine clump from the bm clump in his liltter.

Monday 4.21 I took him back to vet & got some Metro, some packs of probiotic, & some Hill's A/D canned food at $2.30/can. I can feed him that for awhile but don't want to have to take out a loan to feed him LOL plus I don't think the A/D is helping that much. He is a little pig in the eating department--a can a day. I'm gradually adding the Purina kitten food but I'm not sure it agrees with George. Even after 5 days of A/D, Metro, & probiotic he has a very soft stool. I hate to buy many bags of different food because it's expensive for trial & error so I'd like to find one at the start that is good for him.

What do you all think of Dry and/or wet Blue Buffalo Wilderness-Kitten... Evo... Wellness? Do you think it will help with his soft stools? Do we agree that Grain Free is better than with grain? I was thinking of Dry only but at this point I'll get whatever it takes to make him have a normal bm. Thanks very much... Kay