Thread: Man charged in connection with animal abuse

Man charged in connection with animal abuse

YES.

Michael Franklin, CTV Calgary
    Published Monday, May 5, 2014 7:39AM MDT
    Last Updated Monday, May 5, 2014 10:55AM MDT
    The Calgary Humane Society, with assistance from the Calgary Police Service, has laid charges against a man in connection with animal abuse in Willow Park.
    On January 9, 2014, the body of a Siberian husky was found in an alleyway in the 200 block of 99 Avenue S.E.
    Its muzzle had been bound shut and it was severely emaciated.
    Related Stories

Photos

The Calgary Humane Society, along with the Calgary Police Service, has charged a 19-year-old man in connection with a case of animal abuse in Willow Park earlier this year.

About a week later, the Humane Society was notified about a black and white domestic short haired cat found in the same alley in the same condition.
    Both animals were taken to a local veterinarian where it was determined that dog died of starvation and had been chronically malnourished.
    The examination of the cat showed that it died of asphyxia and strangulation. The animal also suffered multiple traumatic injuries to the head, tail, and hind limbs.
    Following a lengthy investigation, Nicolino Ivano Camardi, 19, has been charged with two counts of wilfully causing unnecessary pain, suffering or injury to an animal.
    Further information is expected later on Monday.

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/man-charge...#ixzz30rUM8Xl0

Updated on CBC:
    Camardi made his first court appearance this morning.
    He is expected to also appear in court next week for other charges against him, which include threats to cause death or bodily harm, unlawful confinement and breach of probation connected to a separate incident in March.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What a peach.

I hope they throw the book at him. Lock this piece of alleged-human garbage away for a LOOOOOOONNG time.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I hope at 19 he can get help. He certainly needs it. Whether it will make any difference...

An Alberta politician has a bill in the Legislature to increase punishments for animal cruelty. I hope it passes in time!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda