While visiting family in Iowa we went to the local shelter because my daughter loves to visit with all the cats there. My husband fell in love with a cat there and decided to adopt him (which is a little crazy because we live nearly 800 miles away, plus he's allergic to cats!). He lost his special pet a year and a half ago (our dog Adele passed away in September 2012), so I thought I should go with it. Eric named the cat Tyrion, but I've been calling him Tyri.

He is quite a tiny little cat. The shelter estimated he is about 2 years old. Here are a few pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tyri.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	58088
This was when we just got to my mom's. Amazingly, he was instantly at ease there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tyri 2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	58089
This was at the hotel on the way home (Lyra spread her special blanket over him, and he was licking her).

We had our dogs with us, and when we took him to my mom's house, he instantly liked the dogs. He was a great traveler and took over the hotel room on the way home.

However, when we finally got to our house, he decided he does not like our other cats. It's kind of interesting because he was in a "colony" at the shelter and they said he never had any issues with other cats. Also, my cats (we have 3 others) are friendly with other cats. Pippin was trying SO HARD to befriend the new little guy, but to no avail. Tyrion has his own room set up in the house, so I'm hoping with time he'll warm up and stop growling and hissing when he gets used to it here (we just got home Sunday).

There haven't been any issues other than growling or hissing luckily but I'm wondering if anyone has advice on how to ease his transition. He's very cheerful in his room and when the other cats are outside and I let him explore the house (they have an outdoor enclosure), but growls and hisses if one of the other cats is in the same room as him. Desmond and Kiki have taken to mostly ignoring him but Pippin still really wants to be friends and tries to get close.