Thread: A Guy Noticed Something Dying In A Trash Can. And I Still Can’t Believe What Happened After That.

A Guy Noticed Something Dying In A Trash Can. And I Still Can’t Believe What Happened After That.

Happy Ending! His "before" pic is disturbing so I left it out of the post here. Click on the link to see more.

In the middle of Detroit, a person walking down the sidewalk heard something strange… something was in trouble. The man walked over to the garbage bin, not knowing what to expect. What he saw was absolutely heartbreaking.
    Underneath rubbish, an animal was whimpering.

It was a dying dog, cruelly thrown away like trash.

The Maltese mix was in trouble. A bag was twisted around his neck and he was nearly suffocating. He was forced to sit in his own urine for who knows how long, but it was long enough to give the dog severe burns. He also had a severe upper respiratory infection. It’s a mystery how he was even alive.
    What happened next is incredible:

Read more at http://www.viralnova.com/rescued-fro...eUVipssHzKd.99
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The Humane Society workers named this little bruiser Edgar.

After treatment, he was miraculously just like a brand new dog.

Thank you to Cindy Nelson-Pouget, who was moved by Edgar’s plight and welcomed him into her home.

We love this little mug. How could anyone mistreat him so badly?

(H/T HuffPost)
    It’s unfathomable how anyone could mistreat a dog so severely for so long. To help pups like Edgar, please contact your local Humane Society. Volunteer, donate items or give money… there are so many dogs that are cruelly abused or just need homes.
    Now, share Edgar’s touching story with others. Hopefully the cruel person who did this to him will see how amazing Edgar’s life turned out to be.

The Chief Cruelty Investigator at the Michigan Humane Society said he must have been kept in an extremely small crate for a long amount of time.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What a sweet little dog!! I'm so glad he got the happy ending he deserved!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I saw this on facebook, and all of the pictures too, unfortunately. It greatly disturbed me to the point that every time I thought about it, I would bust out crying all over again, and I have vowed that I'm just not going to read any more of these tragic accounts of what man is capable of doing to helpless animals. Maybe part of the reason that it distressed me so much, is that this little guy looks so much like my sweet little Sparky.

Fortunately for little Edgar, his story had a happy ending.....all too many don't. I'm sure that there will be a very special place in Heaven for this little fighter and survivor. I can only hope that there is/will be, a very special place in Hell for whoever was responsible for this horrible act of cruelty.

And yes - it's times like this, that I really hate people.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank goodness Edgar was found in time. A happy ending for him!

I agree with you Ellie, there is most likely a special place in hell for whoever did this.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla