Okay - last Thursday I dropped my Nexus 4 into a shallow puddle. I bought a Blackberry Torch from a good friend - it was one replaced under warranty and never used. I went to my provider and they put in their SIM card. I had one H of a time unlocking it. I finally did - and it said "Invalid SIM card". I figured I'd work that out with my provider later and, after changing the date and time, powered down the BB.

Powered it up and it wanted to be unlocked again! And I had used up all 10 tries my friend's provider gave me.

My Nexus is working except for the touch screen. I can see texts as they arrive but not after they do; if I phone it, it rings. Everything seems to work except the touchscreen.

My friend is going on holidays tomorrow so I can't try the other less-new Blackberry.

Replacement phones on Kijiji are very expensive.

Minimum repair will be about $240 if all it needs is a sonic bath (for the motherboard, because of the water - everything restored like new) and a new screen.

To replace this phone is $400; I've had it only since February and do not qualify for an upgrade.

What do you think? What have you done in a similar situation?

I actually prefer the Nexus over the BB.

Thank you!