Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitten season is here! *MORE pics post 18*

They are precious
    I never actually seen any that tiny in person.
    I don't think I would be able to give them up
    Enjoy them and keep posting picture

Awwwwww! Those wittle tabby eyes opening - they are both SOO sweet!

Give them lots of gentle kitten caresses for me.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Rocket gave me a scare two nights ago with raging diarrhea...she was lethargic, dehydrated, and looked awful! (She looked fine at 7pm, and was a mess at 10pm. These little bubs can go downhill fast!) We rushed over to the emergency clinic, where she proceeded to perk up immediately and look almost totally normal by the time the doctor picked her up. Which was good, but....ergh....frustrating. I was still pretty freaked out so I went and got a bottle of pedialyte to mix into their formula and started feeding every 3 hours instead of every 5.

Today I took her in to see the shelter's vet, where they both got some dewormer and Rocket got some antibiotics. She looks WAY better, and in fact she now weighs more than Jellybean! She still has rampaging diarrhea, but the vet said that the rest of their litter does as well. In fact, the doctor told me she saw my kittens' siblings yesterday and my two are noticeably bigger! I did get enough antibiotics to medicate both of them, just in case Jellybean gets the runs too. OMG the FACE Rocket made when I gave her the meds was so cute/sad! She scrunched up her entire face and stuck out her tongue and tried like crazy to spit out the icky pink stuff!

Neither of them wanted to eat much today, but they're gaining weight and looking good so go figure? 0.o I might offer them a nibble of canned food mixed with formula tomorrow. Jellybean keeps gnawing on my hands and then rejecting the bottle, so maybe she's ready for real food! I did go buy an itty bitty litterbox today because they'll be ready for it in a few days! Are they that big already?!

Jellybean says "MAYBE I'll drink some of this!"

Sisters getting their snuggle on!

Rocket no longer looks like a sick kitten, she looks quite nice!

Oh hi, mind if we crawl in your lap?

Oh, the unbearable cuteness of being!
    I've Been Frosted

OH! I knew I forgot to mention something! They are FeLV and FIV negative! There was some concern because the shelter they are from has had a LOT of kittens come up positive for one or the other this year, but these guys are a-ok!

Just one more for tonight - They both just had their first meal of actual canned food, with a little KMR mixed in! Jellybean dove in face-first! Rocket needed a little convincing. Her appetite is still off, but her diarrhea is going away!

Oh, they are just SOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hahaha, we've officially entered the messy stage! Both kittens discovered wet food with a VENGEANCE this evening. I'm going to start leaving a dish of mashed up wet food mixed with KMR in their cage during the day. Sooo....while they learn to eat they will walk in it, sit in it, and mash their entire faces in it, resulting in kittens that are covered in a stinky cat food crust, which I will wash off every evening. As soon as they get the hang of the food I'll introduce the litter box and we'll start a new...ickier messy stage.

Rocket still feels thinner and weaker than Jellybean, but she's eating, purring, and tottering around, so I'm trying not to stress out. They all develop at different rates, and the vet thought she looked fine.

They really are a lot bigger and heartbreakingly cute. But I can bear with you about their health. The survival of such little ones is a miracle- and if it works out it is due to you.
    I still keep my paws crossed- but they are on a good way

Egad...I just caught Jellybean nursing on her sister's genitals.

I've been wondering why Rocket was so...uh...inflamed, and assumed it was because of her on-and-off diarrhea. Yeeeeah...

So now they're separated, and it makes me sad to keep them apart, but they can see each other and they're only about 4" apart.

I learn something new every time I get a batch of bubs.